6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48103)

aphaynes June 20th, 2024 06:23 PM

Re: 1964 GMC 1000 Fleetside

Well, while rummaging through boxes in the shop I stumbled across the original TSS. I thought had tossed it out a while back. Going to troubleshoot it and see if I can get it all to work. I like the stoutness of it better. The only thing it definitely won't do is cancel the signal after turning. Those little "wings" the cancelling cam hits are gone. But if I I can get the rest of it to check out, I am putting it back in.

aphaynes June 20th, 2024 06:29 PM

I have tried to resurrect some old AC threads to no avail, so I will just ask here. I have a Vintage Air universal kit I bought for another project car 6 yrs ago. Since I still don't have that project on the road, I am going to shove the kit in Rusty. The only thing I am lacking is a bracket for the compressor. If anyone has pics with brackets they used, please post here, along with any information on PNs used, modifications to said PNs, etc. I would greatly appreciate it. I have seen pics on here of multiple styles of brackets, but not enough info to go with it on ordering/modifying/making it. Hotrodjohn seemed to have a good one, but he's MIA. Hopefully he is still hanging in there in his later years. Thanks everyone.

FetchMeAPepsi June 20th, 2024 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphaynes (Post 78017)
Well, while rummaging through boxes in the shop I stumbled across the original TSS. I thought had tossed it out a while back. Going to troubleshoot it and see if I can get it all to work. I like the stoutness of it better. The only thing it definitely won't do is cancel the signal after turning. Those little "wings" the cancelling cam hits are gone. But if I I can get the rest of it to check out, I am putting it back in.

The turn signal switch that should work is here

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

SM14 model.

For Ac, I can't help there. I was going to go with Vintage Air on Cecilia, but I decided I liked 2/55 air conditioning just fine for my runnin' around.

Funky61 June 20th, 2024 07:03 PM

Here is how the factory did it in 67-69. I've not seen many with this set up, only photos here and there.

Thanks to Bob Bray for providing the scan.

Hope this helps in some way.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Funky61 June 20th, 2024 07:23 PM

Not GMC specific brackets, but some options to consider.

aphaynes June 20th, 2024 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 78021)
The turn signal switch that should work is here

SM14 model.

For Ac, I can't help there. I was going to go with Vintage Air on Cecilia, but I decided I liked 2/55 air conditioning just fine for my runnin' around.

Yeah, I used to be that way, but summers here in Alabama are getting to tough as I get older. :lol: 97 just a couple days ago. Tough ride home after work, in rush hour, after it baked in the parking lot all day.

Thanks for the link on the SM14!

aphaynes June 20th, 2024 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 78022)
Here is how the factory did it in 67-69. I've not seen many with this set up, only photos here and there.

I was wondering if it could be rigged up down below the alternator!! Nice to see the factory thought so. Nice. Thanks for sharing the image and scan!!!

aphaynes June 20th, 2024 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 78023)

Not GMC specific brackets, but some options to consider.

I was just fumbling around on that page yesterday :lol: as well as Vintage Airs bracket page.

FetchMeAPepsi June 20th, 2024 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphaynes (Post 78024)
Yeah, I used to be that way, but summers here in Alabama are getting to tough as I get older. :lol: 97 just a couple days ago. Tough ride home after work, in rush hour, after it baked in the parking lot all day.

Thanks for the link on the SM14!

Holy cow that would sure be toasty! Alabama isn't for the cold natured folks that's for sure. But you got good fishing so that probably makes up for it!

Post pics when you get a path sorted out. I might copy some of your stuff when it comes time to add AC to mine. :thumbsup:

aphaynes June 20th, 2024 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 78024)

I have Maintenance manuals for 62, 63, and 64, but not 67. Gonna look back through those though, and see if the have the same anywhere in them.