6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Visiting the USA (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51699)

FetchMeAPepsi July 8th, 2024 05:40 PM

Re: Visiting the USA

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowbar (Post 78076)
Always nice when someone ruins the thread for all of us...

Anyway, plans sure have changed. Not because of your suggestions, though. Was hoping to go this summer but couldn't find a suitable place to stay.
That doesn't mean the end of it all.

As a Christian, I wanted to combine growing in faith with a visit in the USA.
Right now I'm applying to to a DTS (Discipleship Training School) with the organization YWAM (Youth With A Mission)
Planning to do this in the state Wyoming, a state that really has grown on me. The date is in the Spring of 2025, i.e. 5 months, starting March 2025.
After that we'll see what happens...

Hope you're all doing well!

Wyoming???? Get a rope!

J/K! Wyoming is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I just went there on vacation. Let the kids ski their little frozen butts off. They loved it.

The biggest problem with Wyoming you need to watch out for are the roads in the winter, and if you're in a remote area, food costs. You can hit the brakes lightly and skid 100 ft easy on some of those frozen roads. You have zero control.
Other than that, 100% support Wyoming as a destination. Excellent choice!

If you decide to create a business of some kind, they're also VERY business friendly. Let us know when you hit the states! I'll send you a little donation to fill your belly!
:thumbsup:

LEWISMATKIN July 9th, 2024 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 78072)
Same as it ever was. The left keeps insisting we have a Democracy when in fact it's a Republic. I'll be eternally grateful that our Founding Fathers 248 years ago were vastly more intelligent than today's politicians.

amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George Bongert July 9th, 2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 78069)
I would urge everyone to speak their mind regardless, because it's America and conversations are how we solve problems.

And don't start with the "kOnViKtEd fElOn" nonsense, we all know Mr. 10% for the Big Guy is ripe for picking.

The "Big Guy" should join the Burlington L*ars club. He'd be a perfect fit. Every time that he opens his mouth, a new "tall tale" comes out of it.

Prowbar July 9th, 2024 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 78077)
Wyoming???? Get a rope!

J/K! Wyoming is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L! I just went there on vacation. Let the kids ski their little frozen butts off. They loved it.

The biggest problem with Wyoming you need to watch out for are the roads in the winter, and if you're in a remote area, food costs. You can hit the brakes lightly and skid 100 ft easy on some of those frozen roads. You have zero control.
Other than that, 100% support Wyoming as a destination. Excellent choice!

If you decide to create a business of some kind, they're also VERY business friendly. Let us know when you hit the states! I'll send you a little donation to fill your belly!
:thumbsup:

Appreciate it! I'll keep you updated.