6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Exterior, Bodywork, Paint and Glass (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Tailgate Color? (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48765)

Ed Snyder May 9th, 2015 06:13 PM

Re: Tailgate Color?

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblockv6 (Post 57864)
Here is the 68 which is mine now.

Looks like your 68 has a lift kit, Pete. It sits higher than my 67 K2500.

bigblockv6 May 9th, 2015 07:09 PM

Ed, Due to the weight of the V6 it tended to sit lower in front over the years so I put some add a leafs only in the front, it does look like it sits higher in the front in the pics but now with the added weight of the 478M it should be just right.

GMCNUT May 10th, 2015 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustyNut (Post 57857)
YEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!

Another Pissin' Contest!!!!!!!

LOL

Rusty

So, while this comment by Rusty was certainly said in fun, I still feel like I should at least say that no one deserves more respect on this board than Pete, Ed Snyder and many other senior members who have all forgotten more factual data on 6066 GMC's than I will ever know, so with that said, if I disagree with any one of them on points like the subject at hand, it should never be considered by any member (especially those being disagreed with) that I am in any way being dis-respectful of their knowledge nor in any way starting any sort of argument - this likely could have went without saying, but since we have several newer members, this should clarify my intent as being to simply secure the most accurate knowledge and correct historical data for the overall benefit of the group and its future learners. Fair enough?

RustyNut May 10th, 2015 04:02 AM

You hit the nail right on the head when you said my comment was made IN FUN.........

Over the past 10+ years I have been a member of this group I have had the pleasur of meeting several members face to face. Ed & Pete are two of these guys that I have hung out with on a few occasions.

I am 99.9% percent sure that they both know me well enough to know I was showing my warped/ cynical sense of humor.

Hopefully the "newer" members can expect and/or accept my "humorous" comments.

Rusty

Foley May 11th, 2015 06:00 AM

The only thing more memorable than Rustys humor is his ability to grille the best brats and sauerkraut in all of Kansas and Missouri!!

Foley

RustyNut May 12th, 2015 01:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words Foley!!!!!!!

The Wichita Mini-Meet last year was a good time. It always nice to put a face to a name. I am always one to encourage folks trying to put together a get-together.

I was trying to put together a Southeast Mini-Meet but that didn't seem to come together.

I know Jolly is having his 15 year get-together this year. I went to his 5 & 10 year, and am 99% sure I will be at the 15. I highly encourage everyone try and find a way to make it.

Maybe I am not in the loop, but so far the only others to commit are Ed & Rick. Is this correct?

Rusty

Quigley June 6th, 2015 06:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Got it done! Thanks BigBlock for the good info!!:yourock:

bigblockv6 June 6th, 2015 06:57 PM

Good to see you did it in the right aluminum color and didn't listen to the skeptics and painted it white:thumbsup::yourock:

1960HDGMC June 7th, 2015 04:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wow, That looks nice. Have you seen it at night yet? That Aluminum lights up like a laser. What color is the tailgate painted? That is a cool color. Here is a picture of my tailgate, on a 1960 GMC Cape Blue/Olympic White truck. I also chose the same Aluminum paint for the letters. BigBlockV6 hooked me up with the paint code number for the Aluminum color. Did you mix and spray or get the aerosol version? You done a fine job with the tailgate lettering.GM

GMCNUT June 8th, 2015 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblockv6 (Post 58157)
Good to see you did it in the right aluminum color and didn't listen to the skeptics and painted it white:thumbsup::yourock:

Pete, I know you will never believe its true, but I am about to have in my possession a NOS / pull off wideside tailgate that does indeed have factory applied White tailgate lettering - I have a tracking number finally so should be here this week. I will post clear pictures so you can see they do exist - this one was with the original owner in a California barn loft until a few months back.