6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "Patina Trucks" in the group (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48247)

BarryGMC November 18th, 2014 09:12 PM

Re: "Patina Trucks" in the group

2 Attachment(s)
Here are 2 1960 trucks. Same guy owns both. He uses the one ton but the other sadly just sits. Both are still sporting the v6 engines.

Phat 66 November 19th, 2014 02:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Working a Deal on this GMC BW Found it in Arizona great Patina

abus319 March 28th, 2015 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Looks like the 3500 will fit in on this thread.
I just put in in the shop to as Albert Blue says "tidy up the mechanicals.

TJ's GMC March 29th, 2015 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's mine. lol 1964 GMC 1500 305E v6.

Foley March 29th, 2015 03:51 PM

For Mr. Phat 66What does "BW" mean? And your 64...what does "SB BBW" stand for?

Jeannie March 30th, 2015 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foley (Post 57379)
For Mr. Phat 66What does "BW" mean? And your 64...what does "SB BBW" stand for?

Foley,

BBW stands for Big Back Window. SB is for Short Bed.

Have a great evening,

-Jeannie

6066 GMC Club

Onuma April 16th, 2015 10:57 PM

Oh I've got some "patina" to share :)

Someone goofed this truck all up before I rescued her.

'66 1000, Wideside, BBW, now with a '77 305 V8 engine (probably from another GM truck? Who knows?) and a 3 speed column shifter.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

pilotguy1050 October 5th, 2015 05:06 PM

"Patina Trucks" in the group

The truck my Brother has given me from my late Father's estate. joe got it from Dad about 15 years ago, and is going to help me get it roadworthy again. It will get a cab and box swap. The rust is just so extensive.... But here she is for the moment.

For these pics, they are video grabs from Facebook vids shot after resurrecting her.... she is being driven for about the first time in 20 years maybe. Cant link to em since they arent on Youtube... But its great to see her moving.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

More photos when i can get them.

May paint the truck after the body swap, but this is here for the moment....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sodly October 5th, 2015 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 54107)
I hope it's OK to post a few photos of a truck to show a lack of patina. This is the '66 3/4 ton I purchased for $1000 in 1995, restored, then sold in 2003 to a guy in Meadow Vista, CA. He in turn sold it to "Reefrunner Larry" in Minnesota who's on our forum. Then Clyde in SC (also on our forum) bought it from Larry. The truck, which came off the assembly line in Fremont, CA, on 6-6-66, was factory-equipped with 351E, Turbo 400 automatic, Powr-Lok rear end, power steering, power brakes, and custom cab. It had less than 40,000 miles on it when I bought it. During the restoration process I had the frame and driveshaft shortened so I could put a short bed on it.

About the only patina on it prior to restoration was the rear bumper. The only rust we could find on it during restoration was minor surface rust under the rubber floor mat.

Just going back through this thread again. Cool 66 GMC. It's the first one I've seen with a V6 backed by a TH400. I know it was an option but I've never actually seen one. Such a shame that this truck was restored... and worse yet, that it was cut up. Got any pics of the truck cleaned up... before it was "restored"?

TJ's GMC October 5th, 2015 06:56 PM

Liking that 4x4 with the snowplow!