6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   65 Build (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47763)

jturk May 23rd, 2015 09:08 PM

Re: 65 Build

4 Attachment(s)
Hey Everyone,
I've been working on a design for the console that I plan on building for the truck. This mockup is 11" wide in the interior and about 6" tall at the shifter. Plan on putting the stereo and HVAC controls in panel in front of the shifter. Will put 2 stainless steel cup holders in flat spot at the rear of the shifter and power window and power lock switches in small slanted panel at the back of the shifter. I've attached some pics of a cardboard pattern that I've come up with and assembled. Would really like to get comments about the design both good and bad so don't be bashful. Also if you have any suggestions to improve it let me know.

jturk September 17th, 2015 12:39 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Well I've been working on the body work for the last few months, and it's been a real eye opening experience!! It has taken me 2 to 3 times longer than it should to get most things done, but thats OK and I can always say I did it myself and it's been fun and challenging. I've been using and HVLP turbine paint system so far and it seems to work really well even though I have nothing else to compare it to. So far I've got it into primer/surfacer and am presently block sanding, sanding seems to go on forever. Here's a few photos of my progress to date.

TJ's GMC September 19th, 2015 03:56 PM

Making good progress!

jturk June 24th, 2016 06:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Everyone,
It's been quite awhile since I've posted updates of my build, but I've had some severe medical problems with my Mom and had to spend the last 6-8 monthes taking care of and getting her back on her feet. So obviously I haven't done anything with the truck. Afterall family comes first. She's doing very good now so I'm able to finally get back to working on my truck.
I've started to paint the 65 with a Kirker basecoat clear coat, called Pacific Blue. This is my first attempt at painting a vehicle, so we'll see how everything goes. Have got some parts painted with other to go in the future. I like the color and thought I'd pass along a few photos to see what everyone else thinks. Later folks.[ATTACH]

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

[/ATTACH]

TJ's GMC June 25th, 2016 04:12 AM

Looks great! :thumbsup:

FetchMeAPepsi June 25th, 2016 02:52 PM

Nice color there! WDShaffer is a painting guru so if you get stuck you might give him a PM. He's pretty helpful if you ask and he has 999999 years of painting experience (give or take) :lolsmack:

jturk September 3rd, 2016 03:51 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Well I've finally clear coated most of the large parts but I need to paint and clear coat a lot of the smaller items yet. The next step will be to color sand and buff, man thats going to be a lot of fun!! Here's some pictures of some of the parts after clear coat.

Funky61 September 3rd, 2016 05:59 PM

Great color! Will it be a two tone as well?

jturk September 3rd, 2016 07:27 PM

Thanks Funky I'm really happy with the color. I liked this color when I went looking for paint. It's "Kirker Pacific Blue". No, I'm not doing a two tone I'm really partial to one solid color.

TJ's GMC September 4th, 2016 05:15 AM

Very nice!