6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy) (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47321)

Foley October 29th, 2014 05:29 AM

Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Very nice (and stout) fence there Fetch. Like you said once before, a guy should always have a place to lean a wheel or a ladder against. But in looking at your to-do list, did I miss something in the rebuild thread or....what happened with the knock in Cecilia's motor?

Foley,
Near the Rubicon

FetchMeAPepsi November 10th, 2014 04:53 AM

Oh it's still there Foley, you didn't miss anything. :)
I didn't add it because I wasn't planning on spending any massive time on it other than looking at the piston connectors to see if they're loose. If they are, I'd work on fixing that.

But if they aren't and it's something way more serious like pistons that wobble in the cylinder I planned to just drive it as it is until she quits then I can put the spare 305 in.

I know I can't buy pistons or rebuild parts so putting a lot of time into a blown engine isn't going to happen, though I'd like the experience.

Hey, are any of you guys noticing that after turning wrenches for a while your fingers get fat? Maybe it's just me, but my wedding ring doesn't really fit anymore. Maybe it's wrenching, maybe it's doughnuts. :lolsmack2:

Andice November 10th, 2014 04:40 PM

Doughnuts. Wrenching makes them dirty and achey.

FetchMeAPepsi November 10th, 2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andice (Post 55261)
Doughnuts. Wrenching makes them dirty and achey.

I was afraid of that. Guess I'm going to live on blubber this winter!

BTW you guys in the south hold on to your hats. The weather's 45 degrees with a 30 mph wind and it's heading your way! Sure glad I made me a log-dog to split some wood!

I'd have s'mores tonight, but Andice says I'm too fat so I guess I'm just threading sticks for the babies.

Look at me from the side, do I look fat to you?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

See you guys in spring!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

BarryGMC November 11th, 2014 01:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Sausage fingers. That's what my kids call my hands. Cold? I am always happy for winter. Truck stuff gets done. Going after the last load of wood on veterans day. Should be about 15 when I get up on kalispel peak. Here was a week ago. Its about 29 at 4800 feet. Q is a little cold. I was in a tee shirt. The 65 is earning its keep.

6066gmcguy November 15th, 2014 03:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Winter has started here in Northern Utah too. not much of the white stuff but its getting Cool here, near zero once already.

GMCDAC November 16th, 2014 02:00 AM

We've had over a foot of snow in less than a week and constant wind. High temps have been about 5-15 above. Getting old fast. Hope for some relief soon. Too cold to take pics of the snow piled on the '55 GMC. Maybe tomorrow.

DAC

FetchMeAPepsi January 7th, 2015 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryGMC (Post 55269)
Sausage fingers. That's what my kids call my hands. Cold? I am always happy for winter. Truck stuff gets done. Going after the last load of wood on veterans day. Should be about 15 when I get up on kalispel peak. Here was a week ago. Its about 29 at 4800 feet. Q is a little cold. I was in a tee shirt. The 65 is earning its keep.

What the heck Barry? I leave for a week and you go and get banned. Who's going to help me when I ask stupid questions because I don't know what I'm doing? Hmm? :insane:

I suddenly feel overwhelmed with my project....

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6066gmcguy (Post 55384)
Winter has started here in Northern Utah too. not much of the white stuff but its getting Cool here, near zero once already.

Whoah now that's really cold! :winter: I love that area of the country but I'd never make it through the winter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 55400)
We've had over a foot of snow in less than a week and constant wind. High temps have been about 5-15 above. Getting old fast. Hope for some relief soon. Too cold to take pics of the snow piled on the '55 GMC. Maybe tomorrow.

DAC

The powder puff says bundle some up and send it her way, Dac LOL

Its 9 degrees today and the only thing that keeps me moving around is the thought that it'll kill off the bugs for spring. I hope so!

Oh, and we had some birthdays so we ran out real quick and took our birthday pics. No step to step on right now so the Powder puff is on the ground but at least we got it before the temps got too low to stand outside

For reference this was when we picked Cecilia up....

She's growin so much!

Hantke January 7th, 2015 07:24 PM

What?? Banned?? Well dang it Barry.
Looks like your still chugging along! That's nice to see after so many people seem to be giving up on their projects!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aphaynes January 7th, 2015 10:29 PM

Banned? I knew I had not heard from him in a while on here, but did not know he was banned. How did that happen? That's a shame. :(