6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GMC photos from history (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47474)

GMCNUT December 10th, 2015 12:47 AM

Re: GMC photos from history

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 60101)
I quit doing these due to lack of interest but I love this pic from facebook tonight!

DAC

Super love this picture. Wish I had that truck today. I am usually not a fan of the plain colors like solid White or this Tan color, but man that truck really makes that color look good to me....interesting

6066gmcguy December 10th, 2015 01:25 AM

4 Attachment(s)
"due to lack of interest" this thread only has 7885 views, next highest in this section is 1600 views, looks like "lack of interest" to me.

Here are My historical photos of my old 1962 "Uber Rare" Suburban.

GMCDAC December 10th, 2015 03:43 AM

The last post before yesterday was June 15th. That and many posts before that have little or no commentary. Sorry but number of views doesn't mean much to me.

Very cool '62 you had, some day I'm gonna have one in the family again, don't care if it's uber rare of common as heck!

DAC

GMCDAC February 3rd, 2016 03:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's another pic from back in the day, looks like it has the "Custom" trim. Ran across it on facebook tonight.

DAC

Clarke February 3rd, 2016 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 60682)
Here's another pic from back in the day, looks like it has the "Custom" trim. Ran across it on facebook tonight.

DAC

Wow, what a clean one! Back in the day when you could leave the key in the ignition, radio on, doors open; without a dang dinger going off. :)

I see he has a piece of wood on the boat for mounting a motor. He must of hauled the motor inside the truck.

David R Leifheit February 3rd, 2016 07:25 PM

10 Attachment(s)
I don't have any photos "from the day" in my collection, but I can share photos of what used to be my fleet.

David R Leifheit February 3rd, 2016 07:27 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Part two:
these are "historic" for me since a little over half are gone now.
No picture of the '65 I had though. At one time, 1960-1966,1968,1969. Tried to collect a whole set.

Ed Snyder February 3rd, 2016 07:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 60682)

DAC

Doug --

That photo of the guy camping reminded me of an old photo, probably taken back in the 1980s, of my Dad's one ton Suburban at his cabin on Beaver Lake, NW Arkansas. This is one of my favorite photos.

GMCDAC February 4th, 2016 01:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarke (Post 60683)
Wow, what a clean one! Back in the day when you could leave the key in the ignition, radio on, doors open; without a dang dinger going off. :)

I see he has a piece of wood on the boat for mounting a motor. He must of hauled the motor inside the truck.

The only vehicle we have that dinger problem with is the wife's! Mine are too old--LOL! That's a pretty hi-res pic for facebook and I studied it enlarged but can't identify a motor but the gas can says there must be one in the truck.

Incidentally we still use one of those wide-visor Coleman lanterns just like that one!

Quote:

Originally Posted by David R Leifheit (Post 60687)
I don't have any photos "from the day" in my collection, but I can share photos of what used to be my fleet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by David R Leifheit (Post 60688)
Part two:
these are "historic" for me since a little over half are gone now.
No picture of the '65 I had though. At one time, 1960-1966,1968,1969. Tried to collect a whole set.

Thanks for those great pics of your GMC history David! I hope ones that leave your fleet are being brought back to life again. The '66 with the topper really grabbed my eye. I would like to have one from every era but that's pretty unrealistic! I need to fill the 60-66 void some day, to have 3 consecutive eras.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 60689)
Doug --

That photo of the guy camping reminded me of an old photo, probably taken back in the 1980s, of my Dad's one ton Suburban at his cabin on Beaver Lake, NW Arkansas. This is one of my favorite photos.

Great place, great truck, Ed! I think I said before that the story that goes with your Dad's one ton combined with it being in the family still makes it about the best GMC time capsule ever in my book! Amazing truck!

Here's one from my past that recently surfaced from one of my sisters. This '60 in the background is responsible for my Mom's then my GMC addiction.
My Grandparents and I'm the kid behind Grandma. Probably taken 1960 or '61.

DAC

Ed Snyder February 4th, 2016 02:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 60697)

Great place, great truck, Ed! I think I said before that the story that goes with your Dad's one ton combined with it being in the family still makes it about the best GMC time capsule ever in my book! Amazing truck!

Here's one from my past that recently surfaced from one of my sisters. This '60 in the background is responsible for my Mom's then my GMC addiction.
My Grandparents and I'm the kid behind Grandma. Probably taken 1960 or '61.

DAC

Doug -- I suspect Dad took that photo the day he and my Mom moved into their new cabin. They hauled furnishings there from Wichita in the cargo trailer he was towing. They sold the cabin a few years ago. At ages 88 and 91 they don't travel much any more. I can't even get them to come out here to see our new house and garage.

That's a great photo of your grandparents with the '60 Suburban! Photos like that are priceless.