6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   GMC photos from history (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47474)

GMCDAC February 5th, 2016 03:26 AM

Re: GMC photos from history

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 60698)
Doug -- I suspect Dad took that photo the day he and my Mom moved into their new cabin. They hauled furnishings there from Wichita in the cargo trailer he was towing. They sold the cabin a few years ago. At ages 88 and 91 they don't travel much any more. I can't even get them to come out here to see our new house and garage.

That's a great photo of your grandparents with the '60 Suburban! Photos like that are priceless.

Thanks Ed, I'm very thankful my sister found that pic last year. We have no pics of just the truck, the 3 that turned up showing the whole truck have grandparents or Mom in them(avatar) and that one was damaged in a flood.
We had just driven from western South Dakota to north central Georgia in it in that pic with the grandparents.

That cabin looked like a wonderful getaway place! Maybe if you went and got them they would be ready to come out to your new place? If I remember right they recently had birthdays, your Mom on or around New Years Day? As always I wish them well!

DAC

Ed Snyder February 5th, 2016 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 60721)
That cabin looked like a wonderful getaway place! Maybe if you went and got them they would be ready to come out to your new place? If I remember right they recently had birthdays, your Mom on or around New Years Day? As always I wish them well!

DAC

Wow -- good memory, Doug! Yeah, Mom turned 88 on New Years Day and Dad turned 91 on Pearl Harbor Day.

I have thought about a long road trip with them, but haven't talked to them about it yet. They really like their own beds, having lived in the same house since 1960.

GMCDAC February 13th, 2016 11:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 60722)
Wow -- good memory, Doug! Yeah, Mom turned 88 on New Years Day and Dad turned 91 on Pearl Harbor Day.

I have thought about a long road trip with them, but haven't talked to them about it yet. They really like their own beds, having lived in the same house since 1960.

I'm glad to know they are getting along well Ed! I should have replied sooner but missed this post. I really can't blame them for wanting to stay home, but maybe sometime they would be up to a trip.

Here's another great GMC pic I ran across on Facebook tonight.

DAC

GMCDAC March 7th, 2016 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another from Facebook this afternoon.

DAC

GMCDAC March 19th, 2016 12:38 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well here's another one from Facebook tonight.

DAC

Quigley March 31st, 2016 09:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Instructions that came with new Bat-O-Meter. $24.00 of Real money!

GMCNUT March 31st, 2016 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 61024)
Another from Facebook this afternoon.

DAC

WHOA - just noticed this postcard image of a Palomino Tan 62-63 Suburban has a 58-61 GMC hood jet on it!

GMCDAC April 17th, 2016 12:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another from Facebook today.

DAC

WDShaffer May 11th, 2016 02:49 AM

Great read. Thanks guys. Do any of you know if design studio ideas were ever leaked to the public...that would be a neat compliment to this thread.

GMCDAC November 22nd, 2016 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Facebook tonight. No info about the picture.

DAC