6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Finally got the restored radio installed (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50568)

jbgroby March 15th, 2019 04:37 PM

Finally got the restored radio installed

1 Attachment(s)
I was able to install the factory radio tonight. I sent it off to be cleaned and upgraded to am/FM/ iPod and 4 channel output, although I'll only use a dual voice coil dash speaker, she hnow had 160 watt output incase I need it. R and B Vintage Radio did the work.

Its the factory stock radio, just gutted with a new circuit board and aux input. The also replaced a broken volumn control Pot. cleaned and repaited the GMC logo ont he glass and polished the chrome.

I'll mainly listen to my iPOD. $385.00 money well spent. Now onto tgettign the Tach and clock upgraded.......Does spending on the truck ever end - Asking for my wife.

Sonic65 March 15th, 2019 05:01 PM

Re: Finally got the restored radio installed

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 70649)
I was able to install the factory radio tonight. I sent it off to be cleaned and upgraded to am/FM/ iPod and 4 channel output, although I'll only use a dual voice coil dash speaker, she hnow had 160 watt output incase I need it. R and B Vintage Radio did the work.

Its the factory stock radio, just gutted with a new circuit board and aux input. The also replaced a broken volumn control Pot. cleaned and repaited the GMC logo ont he glass and polished the chrome.

I'll mainly listen to my iPOD. $385.00 money well spent. Now onto tgettign the Tach and clock upgraded.......Does spending on the truck ever end - Asking for my wife.

Very nice! I did something similar with my '68 Charger. I bought a Charger A/M radio that was not working and had it upgraded with new internals and amp. Now I have Bluetooth, AM/FM, and USB input.

bigblockv6 March 16th, 2019 04:45 AM

Jake, are you going with a quartz conversion on the clock? Still keeping the Sun Tach and upgrading to a modern circuit board or a different Tach?

GTS61 April 13th, 2019 06:40 PM

Wow looks awesome!! I wanted an original radio for my 61' but couldn't find one so I bought one of those Retro radio's. Still haven't installed it yet but will soon I hope.

:welldone:

jbgroby April 29th, 2019 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigblockv6 (Post 70652)
Jake, are you going with a quartz conversion on the clock? Still keeping the Sun Tach and upgrading to a modern circuit board or a different Tach?

Yes, That's next month project, The tach first then the clock., I'll post infor when complete.