6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   A Micro-mini-Meet & Greet (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47878)

Funky61 November 9th, 2013 02:18 AM

A Micro-mini-Meet & Greet

5 Attachment(s)
Hello GMC Fans,
I had already meet with fellow member "Foley aka the other BobC" and today I had an upclose and personal with another member; Ed Synder. He contacted me and said he'd be in town for a while.

We met briefly at his son's house nearby and I showed him my 70 GMC Sierra Grande. This time he came over to my place and I got to bring out some of my stuff to show and tell. Who else would understand my GMC affliction and fascination with obscure parts? Anyway it was great to meet him and talk trucks for a while. Again as with member Foley, he was a great guy to meet. Here are some photos to share and yes my garage is a mess but I have a system...sort of :thumbsup:

Funky61 November 9th, 2013 02:22 AM

Re: A Micro-mini-Meet & Greet

5 Attachment(s)
And more pics

Funky61 November 9th, 2013 02:28 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Just the last few :morecoffee:

GMCDAC November 9th, 2013 05:12 AM

I don't have time for a long post here, but Foley is good people, and it looks like you are in GMC heaven to me! '70 Sierra Grande! Sweet! I love the toppers too!

Thanks, Funky61

---DAC---

Doug Crawford
Rapid City, SD

Ed Snyder November 9th, 2013 06:07 AM

Thanks again for sharing your 3 trucks and awesome GMC parts collection with me today, Henry! I hope you follow through with your plan to install that 401M in your '70 Sierra Grande. That would be a great combination!

I hope you managed to get your garage cleaned up before your wife got home. Can't have her parking in the street!

BobC November 9th, 2013 01:03 PM

Thank you for sharing! Having met both Foley (Bob) and Ed, I know exactly what your talking about, they are both great people. I hope to have a get together during Kool April nights here in Redding, where we can all meet share stories and maybe having a garage sale of sorts on all of our GMC leftover parts?

GMCNUT November 9th, 2013 01:35 PM

And I thought I was the only one with a weird collection of odd-ball GMC parts....so Funky, are you going to use any of those parts or are they only a show-and-tell collection? I have a set of plaid valve covers on my 305E in my 64 2500 series truck and would like to trade them + boot to somebody for a better set like the ones you have - one of mine is slightly faded or less orangish than the other one. if you only need a set for show and tell, my set would work fine for that, where I show my truck and at shows it would be nicer if it had a better set on it....let me know your thoughts on that....

Funky61 November 9th, 2013 03:33 PM

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. Yeah Ed, I got the garage put back together with enough time to spare. GMCNUT those plaid covers will be finding a home on one of my trucks along with most of the other stuff. BobC, I may have to do that road trip to Redding time permitting.

Foley November 10th, 2013 02:22 AM

Your killin' me with all that great stuff H.J. Man, I didn't even get to go into the candy store when I was there. I could smell some of that GMC truck candy, but didn't get to see any. It must have been stashed away from wandering eyes. All we did was work, work, sweat sweat, and load wheels....Umm,, maybe there was some fun time B.S. ing and sharing stories, but next time, I'm hoping for the full tour! Foley

Funky61 November 10th, 2013 02:35 AM

YOU GOT IT FOLEY! Most definitely; I do still "owe you" one....to be continued