6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The 1966 Bucket Seat equipped "Sport Trim" Trucks (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51507)

GMCNUT January 23rd, 2023 01:49 PM

The 1966 Bucket Seat equipped "Sport Trim" Trucks

5 Attachment(s)
I wish we had begun a VIN registry for the Sport Trim bucket seat equipped trucks way back when this group was heavier on active members. I don't know if another current member exists who even has one, when this the very group should be full of people telling about theirs and showing it off. There never were many of these trucks to begin with, true enough, but I can't be the only one among all of us who has one.

Does anyone else reading this know another member with one to share? or maybe you don't have one yourself but have photos saved of one you can post?

BobS January 24th, 2023 04:28 PM

Re: The 1966 Bucket Seat equipped "Sport Trim" Trucks

I have one and I know of one that was on the 67-72 site a few years back. I saved the owner’s info somewhere.

Bob

MeganK January 24th, 2023 05:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I have one...mine are light gray with dark gray inserts... the insert is cloth and i was told that this is not "correct" that they are supposed to be 100% vinyl....

also mine is light grey outside and dark in the center but other similar seats I found were the opposite like the one above.. did it come either way?

Fullmsrp February 5th, 2023 07:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Apologies for the blanket in the picture. Highly optioned ‘66 351ci.

Funky61 February 5th, 2023 11:11 PM

Welcome to the Forum Fullmsrp!

Awesome! Is this the one from the auction in Apple Valley, Ca?

Fullmsrp February 6th, 2023 03:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you, I appreciate the welcome.
Yes, the very same ‘66. The only one I have ever seen that I could buy sight unseen owing to the California desert lifestyle and indoor storage. No rust.
The single owner babied this truck like a Texas Cadillac. I don’t want to change anything on it out of respect to him. I think my job is to just take care of it.
Lots of documents with it, I am attaching the salesman’s scratch sheet showing the option, the code, the dealer cost (!) and the dealer mark up.
My favourite owner mod is definitely the Belanger headers and side exhaust.
Thinking of a go fund me page to fill the 3 gas tanks…

Ed Snyder February 6th, 2023 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullmsrp (Post 76690)
Thank you, I appreciate the welcome.
Yes, the very same ‘66. The only one I have ever seen that I could buy sight unseen owing to the California desert lifestyle and indoor storage. No rust.
The single owner babied this truck like a Texas Cadillac. I don’t want to change anything on it out of respect to him. I think my job is to just take care of it.
Lots of documents with it, I am attaching the salesman’s scratch sheet showing the option, the code, the dealer cost (!) and the dealer mark up.
My favourite owner mod is definitely the Belanger headers and side exhaust.
Thinking of a go fund me page to fill the 3 gas tanks…

I see you've got the Turbo 400 trans too. Congratulations on acquiring an awesome truck! When do we get to see more photos?

Fullmsrp February 6th, 2023 08:01 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I lost the rest of the summer in an arm sling so will get on the tidy up and servicing this spring. Didn’t take many pics. I love the sport trim option but didn’t know how rare it was. Stereo installed under Center in mine…
I was interested in the history of the selling dealer as well as it still has original plate surround from 1966. Reynolds GMC.

Ed Snyder February 7th, 2023 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullmsrp (Post 76695)
I lost the rest of the summer in an arm sling so will get on the tidy up and servicing this spring. Didn’t take many pics. I love the sport trim option but didn’t know how rare it was. Stereo installed under Center in mine…
I was interested in the history of the selling dealer as well as it still has original plate surround from 1966. Reynolds GMC.

Is this the dealer https://www.reynolds1915.com/?

Fullmsrp February 7th, 2023 02:12 AM

http://reynoldsbuickracing.com/history.asp

yes, interesting history as one of the oldest dealers around. Great pictures and story under that section.Hard to believe the 1966 metal plate surround was in the truck when it arrived. Bill of sale, records etc...A friend of mine had flashbacks as he started at GM in 1970 and is still working. He couldn't believe these one owner trucks were still out there.