6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Who says an old truck isn't practical? lol (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50388)

Quigley September 28th, 2018 03:08 AM

Re: Who says an old truck isn't practical? lol

1 Attachment(s)
After a few short shakedown runs I drove my 62 to a rifle shooting match northwest of Minneapolis, Mn. last weekend. Put on a little over 500 miles and it never missed a beat. 4.56 rear gears and a 3 speed, ran it 60 mph most of the time, and got passed about 800 times. I was impressed that it used no oil or water and really shocked that it got 13.5 MPG. Got to install overdrive so I can keep up with traffic better. Plan on driving the heck out of it. :upyes: Dave

FetchMeAPepsi September 28th, 2018 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quigley (Post 69841)
After a few short shakedown runs I drove my 62 to a rifle shooting match northwest of Minneapolis, Mn. last weekend. Put on a little over 500 miles and it never missed a beat. 4.56 rear gears and a 3 speed, ran it 60 mph most of the time, and got passed about 800 times. I was impressed that it used no oil or water and really shocked that it got 13.5 MPG. Got to install overdrive so I can keep up with traffic better. Plan on driving the heck out of it. :upyes: Dave

:hijacked:

You went to a WHAT? Oh no, Quigley, don't you know rifles are dangerous weapons of mass destruction? :teehee:

Were you competing? If so, how'd you do?
I've been thinking about picking up one of those Henry brass reciever 357/.38spl as a new toy next month. Shoots the same thing as my revolver which i like a whole lot!

Ed Snyder September 28th, 2018 07:08 AM

Quote:

That's a nice looking pair of trucks!

aphaynes September 28th, 2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

:goodjob::yourock::woo:

Quigley September 29th, 2018 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 69842)
:hijacked:

You went to a WHAT? Oh no, Quigley, don't you know rifles are dangerous weapons of mass destruction? :teehee:

Were you competing? If so, how'd you do?
I've been thinking about picking up one of those Henry brass reciever 357/.38spl as a new toy next month. Shoots the same thing as my revolver which i like a whole lot!

Call me crazy,but I took a chance on being vaporized and compete in benchrest rifle matches. I know most people wouldn't believe it there was 25 guys all with rifles and nobody was even wounded. Didn't do very well at this shoot.It was my rifle because it couldn't have been me.Been competing for 25 years and have been fortunate enough to shoot 3 world records.All of our equipment is custom made stuff only good for matches,6mm PPC and 50 power scopes is what I shoot as does most competitors. Really enjoyed the ride in my 62 and it gave me confidence in it. More than you probably needed to know. Dave. Thanks,Ed. :rowdybeer:

FetchMeAPepsi September 29th, 2018 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quigley (Post 69862)
Call me crazy,but I took a chance on being vaporized and compete in benchrest rifle matches. I know most people wouldn't believe it there was 25 guys all with rifles and nobody was even wounded. Didn't do very well at this shoot.It was my rifle because it couldn't have been me.Been competing for 25 years and have been fortunate enough to shoot 3 world records.All of our equipment is custom made stuff only good for matches,6mm PPC and 50 power scopes is what I shoot as does most competitors. Really enjoyed the ride in my 62 and it gave me confidence in it. More than you probably needed to know. Dave. Thanks,Ed. :rowdybeer:

To hear all the anti-2Aers talk that's impossible. Haha!

Those benchrest rifles are beau-ti-ful. I know a older guy that literally spit-shines his. Congrats on the world records! :welldone:

And ^5 on the drive in the 62. I'll bet you got quite a bit of looks at the range.