6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jake Groby UPDATED 1960 GMC build with Photos (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47604)

jbgroby June 22nd, 2013 06:24 PM

Re: wiring of the electrical components

I was going to solder thanks I'm trying to find the correct tape.

jbgroby June 24th, 2013 01:47 AM

Mounting Antenna

5 Attachment(s)
Worked on getting the antenna installed. The new after market unit I got from LMC (same as others I would suspect) may all have this problem.

The existing hole from the factory (you can tell if it OEM factory because the hole has a slight notch) is designed for a slightly different antenna base. The one from the kit will need to have the rubber bushing/gasket glue in place to hold it while you tighten down. Also the lower mast brace is too short, I had to make a new one from a piece of flat bar aluminum.

Picture 1 shows the original and the new heavier long brace. I was able to use the supplied speed washers and wrap-around.

Picture 2 shows the hole you have to drill to mount the brace through.

Picture 3 shows the new brace mounted.

Picture 4 shows the assembly braced at bottom.

Pictures 5 shows the size of the kit supplied vs. home made brace.

jbgroby June 24th, 2013 01:49 AM

Re: Mounting Antenna

5 Attachment(s)
Finished antenna,
When I got through with that I put on the mirror and Spotlight.

Then I sat in truck and took a picture looking over the hood I've dreamed about for years.

FetchMeAPepsi June 24th, 2013 05:44 AM

Re: Mounting Antenna

Looks good!

Andice June 26th, 2013 01:38 AM

Jake: I am 100% sold on "Packard 56" as used on our trucks when new. Check them out at PCS Connections. Bought a lot of mine on eBay and NAPA Auto Parts

Andice June 26th, 2013 01:39 AM

The best tape is sold at Grainger and is called "plating tape". It is very forgiving and reusable. Simply unwrap and rewrap as needed. Again - the same stuff used on our trucks when new.

GMCNUT June 27th, 2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andice (Post 49133)
Jake: I am 100% sold on "Packard 56" as used on our trucks when new. Check them out at PCS Connections. Bought a lot of mine on eBay and NAPA Auto Parts

Do you have a

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

address for PCS connections? I may need some wiring stuff like Jake too

Andice June 28th, 2013 02:33 AM

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

The parts are commonly called Packard 56, GM 56, or Delphi connectors. They are the same as the connectors used on our trucks when new.

jbgroby June 28th, 2013 05:09 AM

thanks

RichG July 1st, 2013 02:06 PM

FYI the company's website is

I found them after a short google search, but I thought I would save the next guy a few minutes.

RichG