6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Interiors, Dash, Lights and Electrical (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Gray Matter (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51011)

Funky61 December 9th, 2020 03:47 AM

Gray Matter

1 Attachment(s)
I'm pretty sure gray knobs were specific to the 60-61 GMC's, but I am not an expert so I am just restating what I've seen and read here and elsewhere.
(please correct me if I'm wrong)

Anyway I picked up a few more knobs; two for the factory radio and a gray knob cigarette lighter. Luckily I kept the gray single-speed original wiper knob, so I have that too.

I have gray everything else; Vents/Choke and am just missing the gray HEAT knob from the heater

Here are a few photos and you can see the gray either looks darker or lighter depending on the light. I am replacing the chrome-ring type which I think are Chevy truck but am not sure.

*TRIVIA
There is another item that was in my Suburban when I purchased it back in 2007. Preliminary research tells me it may be from the 40's or 50's.

It's the Bird-Beaked looking item in the photo....Is it a can opener or picnic cheese shredder or moustache comb?......What is it's purpose? :headscratch:

Ed Snyder December 9th, 2020 05:29 AM

Re: Gray Matter

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 73442)

*TRIVIA
There is another item that was in my Suburban when I purchased it back in 2007. Preliminary research tells me it may be from the 40's or 50's.

It's the Bird-Beaked looking item in the photo....Is it a can opener or picnic cheese shredder or moustache comb?......What is it's purpose? :headscratch:

Hey Henry --

My guess would be that you would slip it over the top edge of a window in one of the rear doors of a sedan, roll the window up, and hang your clothes hangers on it. Might not work too well in your Suburban unless your sliding windows are pretty loose.

Funky61 December 9th, 2020 06:01 AM

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner and a Correct-a-Mundo to you Ed!!!

I saw one of these on eBay and recalled that I had one. It was hanging in the molding above the rear slider window. It would not fit over the glass door window because of the chrome trim. I took it out and saved it. I have seen a few sell on eBay from $55 TO $125 and they were made by a company called Kastar.

Ed Snyder December 9th, 2020 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 73444)
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner and a Correct-a-Mundo to you Ed!!!

I saw one of these on eBay and recalled that I had one. It was hanging in the molding above the rear slider window. It would not fit over the glass door window because of the chrome trim. I took it out and saved it. I have seen a few sell on eBay from $55 TO $125 and they were made by a company called Kastar.

Sounds like you already knew the answer to your own question, Henry. I'll be waiting for my chicken dinner certificate to come in the mail.

Funky61 December 10th, 2020 03:15 AM

Sure thing Ed, Which restaurant makes the best chicken in Medford?

Ed Snyder December 10th, 2020 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 73459)
Sure thing Ed, Which restaurant makes the best chicken in Medford?

I was just kidding, Henry -- you don't owe me anything. However, if you insist, Chick-fil-A beats the Colonel any day in my humble opinion.