6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Other Rides and Projects (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What other projects are you working on? 2022 Edition (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51352)

Sonic65 May 15th, 2022 10:45 PM

Re: What other projects are you working on? 2022 Edition

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by fetchmeapepsi (Post 75711)
i agree 100%. Where's the pictures?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Sonic65 May 15th, 2022 11:05 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 75711)
I agree 100%. Where's the pictures?

I did some HAZMAT Certification training as well. I hate the SCBA suits! But they keep us alive.

jbgroby May 16th, 2022 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 75707)
That is really cool! Is it going in a display case or ???

Fetch, yes, the case is built, I should have the model finished in about a month. I'll PL]M you some pics.

jbgroby May 16th, 2022 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic65 (Post 75713)
I did some HAZMAT Certification training as well. I hate the SCBA suits! But they keep us alive.

I did the re-cert. last year, harder than most realize, I have to deal with Chlorine Gas, just nasty stuff.

Sonic65 May 16th, 2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 75716)
I did the re-cert. last year, harder than most realize, I have to deal with Chlorine Gas, just nasty stuff.

Sure is nasty!

FetchMeAPepsi June 10th, 2022 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic65 (Post 75713)

Great pics! Those suits look like a pain to deal with. Can you see in them?

Storm this week blew down a bunch of limbs out of our trees. This weekend we'll be running the wood chipper and making mulch like it's our sole purpose in life. I don't even have a place to put it all yet.

I go through spurts where I really enjoy working outside then the next week all i wanna do is sit around, play on the internet, and watch old westerns like a grandpa. Once i get outside and get started it's great, but getting that first UMPH going is tough.

Last week we opened our pool for the kids. I'd rather be on the water than in it, but they would sleep out there if we'd let 'em, haha. There was a shortage of alum this year (Thanks Biden!) so we opened late and had to use liquid flocculant to clear out the mess of winter. We're usually open by May 1st, if that tells you anything.
Then a pipe burst at midnight and blew out about 5000 gallons of water all out down the street. Water hose is getting a work out.

I need to come up with a good cover option for it that will fit on the deck. Last year we just covered it but covers get hung up on the deck and tear so they only work so-so at best. We end up buying a new cover every 2 years so that gets expensive.

I'm thinking about maybe building a plywood cover with 2x4s and 1/2" plywood that I can pull off in spring and put back on in winter. Haven't got it all figured out yet, but the wheels are turning.

Anyway, that's my update on other crap going on here.

jbgroby November 25th, 2022 01:58 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 75705)
I'm hip deep into a 75-year-old antique ship model restoration for a client, which takes drive time away . I'm just about ready to start the Shrouds and Ratlines.

Finished back in September. I forgot to post updated pics, and she was placed in a case.

Ed Snyder November 26th, 2022 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 76381)
Finished back in September. I forgot to post updated pics, and she was placed in a case.

How many hours did that take you, Jake?

BobBray February 8th, 2023 06:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's a GM product powered by a V-6. A really BIG V-6! I volunteer at a railroad museum and this was our project for several years. Finished it about 3 years ago. It's a 1939 EMD SW1, one of the first diesel locomotives purchased by Southern Pacific. The restoration is complete, it's fully operational:

jbgroby February 8th, 2023 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 76391)
How many hours did that take you, Jake?

About 150 hrs. all told.