6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   65 Build (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47763)

jturk September 11th, 2013 05:07 PM

65 Build

Hey everyone I am new to the forum and I am working on a 1965 GMC SWB fleetside. I've been working on ity for quite a while and am now pushing forward. I.ve got some pictures but haven't figued out how to attach them yet. Will do so once I figure it out. Look forward to comments and any help. Thanks.

tommyduncan September 11th, 2013 05:57 PM

Re: 65 Build

Look forward to seeing it. I don't see too many short bed GMCs for some reason...

jturk September 11th, 2013 09:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I think I've figured out to add some pictures, so lets see how this works.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

jturk November 23rd, 2013 12:59 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,
Have been working on the cab replacing the outer floors and rocker panels, also put some patch panels in the front fenders. I've never done much body work so the progress is slow and a real learning curve. I'm lucky that my brother ran his own body shop for years, so he's helped with a ton of questions. Here's a few pictures of the rocker panel and floor repairs. Later.

jturk November 23rd, 2013 01:12 AM

5 Attachment(s)
here's some shots of the truck with the cab and fenders installed. Also the front is lowered 4 inches and the rear 6 inches, has front disc brakes, power steering, 3.73 gears with a posi in the stock Dana 44. Currently working on getting a fuel tank to install in the rear. Will update when things progress a little further.

FetchMeAPepsi November 23rd, 2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jturk (Post 51185)
here's some shots of the truck with the cab and fenders installed. Also the front is lowered 4 inches and the rear 6 inches, has front disc brakes, power steering, 3.73 gears with a posi in the stock Dana 44. Currently working on getting a fuel tank to install in the rear. Will update when things progress a little further.

Great looking truck! Subscribed to your thread :)

I envy that PS and 3.73 :woowoo:

The rocker panel job, how tough was that? Did it take days or just a few hours?

Cant wait to see the next pics. :goodluck:

jturk November 23rd, 2013 11:16 PM

FetchMeAPepsi,
Appreciate your kudos on the truck. I had some serious medical problems a while back, but I am really good now. This caused a major delay in the rebuild, but now I've started again and am having a ball working on it. As far as the rocker replacement it took me about 3 days per side, but remember I'm a real novice at body repair and am still learning big time!!

jturk December 7th, 2013 08:56 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys,
Latest update on build. I've just got a tranny for the truck. I'm going standard so I got a 2009 Colorado Aisin AR5 - 5 speed. Since I'm going either stock 327 or a 4200 I6 this tranny should work really well. See photos of tranny.

jturk December 7th, 2013 09:09 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Hey Guys'
Since it's bad weather here I have been working on the dash for the truck in the basement. I can't decide wether to refinish the original or to redo a bad one I have with some auto meter gauges. Here's some pictures of my dash before and after cleaning, but not redone. Also here's some shots of the autometer units I'm thinking of using. Which way would you guys go? Just can't decide.

David R Leifheit December 7th, 2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jturk (Post 51412)
Hey Guys,
Latest update on build. I've just got a tranny for the truck. I'm going standard so I got a 2009 Colorado Aisin AR5 - 5 speed. Since I'm going either stock 327 or a 4200 I6 this tranny should work really well. See photos of tranny.

hm. Shifter looks far enough back to come up somewhere in the middle of a bench seat, or somewhere between a set of buckets. Could be a little too far back to be useful.