6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Newbe 65 GMC (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50533)

Ccsmith July 2nd, 2020 07:32 PM

Re: Newbe

Mainly it filters rust particles. The engine sat for 27 years. So when i took the heads off the coolant channels where packed with rust and sludge. I ended up filling the block with CLR and letting it soak for a few days and then flushed and used wire brushes to remove as much as i could. Had to also use shop vac to suck out rust sludge that would not flush out. After about a day of that i got good clear water flowing through. I got my radiator from championradiators.com and saw the filter so figured id get it as a little piece of insurance for $80.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ccsmith August 5th, 2020 04:41 AM

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Attempting to do wood bed myself. This is mock fitment. Got it stained in English chestnut and varnished. Waiting to get the metal strips and hardware to get it back in. Been driving quite a bit and lovin it.

Ccsmith August 15th, 2020 12:29 AM

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Ccsmith August 15th, 2020 12:31 AM

Got it done. Not perfect but looks great and this bed is gonna be used. Had a great time with my teenage son getting every bolt washer and nut installed and lined up. Was a days worth of work in 100 degree Texas weather but ill remember it for years to come.

Ccsmith October 4th, 2021 08:12 PM

Well been a while since i posted but love seeing all the other posts on the site. Learn a-lot from reading others. These engines are AWESOME! I installed a american autowire complete kit which took a few days but instructions were great. All new gauges installed and dropped the trans and put all new gaskets in. Drive it almost daily now. Took on first 300 mile road trip and no issues at all and got 13.7 mpg. Have the 3 speed manual with 3.07 gears on 18 inch tires. Runs 70 at about 2500rpm. Hoping to get the floor pans and rockers done soon and then gonna do a vintage air kit.

Ccsmith October 4th, 2021 08:21 PM

Not sure if i have post a full pic