6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   What did you do for your GMC today? (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50551)

ilvracn April 22nd, 2019 01:50 AM

Re: What did you do for your GMC today?

i drove the 66 to adair ia. for pizza sat night. zips pizza, best pizza in iowa. it's about 25 miles, but we took the long way, put on about 75 miles. nice to have the wind blowing in the windows, who needs a radio.

FetchMeAPepsi April 22nd, 2019 01:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvracn (Post 70887)
who needs a radio.

Amen Brother!

POWERSTROKE April 22nd, 2019 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvracn (Post 70887)
i drove the 66 to adair ia. for pizza sat night. zips pizza, best pizza in iowa. it's about 25 miles, but we took the long way, put on about 75 miles. nice to have the wind blowing in the windows, who needs a radio.

A pizza run is almost better than a beer run, maybe is better. With the V6 burbling away I'd have had the windows open if it was 20 degrees F out!

When I straight piped my 7.3L PSD in my F-250, it whistled so nice from the turbo I'd run with the passenger side window open about 3 inches even in below zero weather. The heater in the newer Ford's were good enough to keep your warm. Drove 70 miles home from work one Friday night with a shattered driver's door window. Had an inch or two of snow, stuck the weather stripping to the glass. Hit the power window down button and the window shattered like it was shot with a 30-06!

Quigley April 24th, 2019 11:27 PM

On my 62 I pulled the motor back out completely disassembled it and took the bare block,crank,rods and pistons,front hub and flywheel to my machine shop. :ahhhh:Dave

Rockdriller April 25th, 2019 04:20 PM

I open the hood. And then I said I do good work, when I do it.

FetchMeAPepsi April 26th, 2019 12:39 AM

I opened the hood too, but just disconnected the battery tender and turned her over to make sure she still wanted to start. No problem!
I'm still tied up to other projects, but soon she'll get her transmission pulled and I'll try to figure out why the heck 2nd gear isn't working.

jerrspud April 30th, 2019 12:07 AM

got stuck.. and ordered a 500 cfm holley :rowdybeer:

fourhundredorbust December 6th, 2019 05:54 AM

What I did for my truck today

Hi all,

I've seen this on other forums as a way to help inspire/motivate each other to keep "betterin" our rigs. Maybe it'll catch on here, maybe not but in any case I'll start off.

Today I installed a new door stopper for the driver's door. The original one was broke and the door was being stopped by the upper fender/cowl piece if one wasn't careful (of course I was...but that p.o!) and it has dented the door. To replace the stopper I had to take out the vent wing window and the window and mechanism. It seemed a lot of effort for something that is just 2 screws but now I know how to do it when the time comes to replace all those worn out seals and felts! It is sure nice not to have to worrying about further damage on the door.

tbucketnut December 6th, 2019 01:42 PM

Re: What I did for my truck today

Hello back, I have seen this thread on other forums and it is one of the largest and longest running too. Great idea on your part. I finished up a restoration on my 53 Chev 3100 in 2018 and my entire premise was to get out in the garage everyday for at least 1/2 hour. Even if you only go out there to look around and think, it was a great opportunity to keep things going if not to make lists for future ordering of parts and supplies. Stalled restoration projects are caused because for lack of a better term recent familiarity. In other words, you forgot what you were doing, or what you needed to buy to keep it going or where you put something. Threads like this keep the interest and tends to keep people moving towards completion.
So with that said, I removed the left front tire and wheel of my 64 GMC and bird-dogged the slow leak to a leaky valve stem. Took it up to the tire store and had them dismount and replace the stem, and get this a big bonus-- it cost me nothing.
BTW, I'm just up the street from you, what are you working on?

Lets keep this going.

Steve

Jeannie December 6th, 2019 02:01 PM

Threads merged. :thumbsup: