6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New member getting aclaimated (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48809)

Ron Mikula May 30th, 2015 05:49 PM

New member getting aclaimated

Have a 1966 gmc panel/ suburban complete resto. Been working on it for several years. Getting very close to the end; however need some parts I can't seem to find. It has swing open barn doors (rear). Need the slide lock on the top driver side. Next haven't been able to locate back up lights for it. Also need the two covers on the rear doors that access the latches. One is oblong about 5"x2 3/4" and the other is rectangular 6 3/4" x 5".

Thanks, Ron.

P.S. I am so happy to be part of your group. I' ll send pictures of my "Sub" as soon as I figure out how to do it. It's a beauty!

Onuma June 3rd, 2015 02:49 AM

Re: New member getting aclaimated

Are those the same backup lights as the ones which would have been found in a non-Suburban pickup truck? Roughly 3" wide circles (at work, can't take a measurement from my truck right now).

As for sharing pictures, I find the easiest way to share photos is through Google Images. Once you upload them there, you don't have to worry about using Imageshack, Photobucket, or any of those other sites to host...and you get 15 GB of storage with unlimited linking to other sites (as far as I'm aware). Just right-click on the image, "Copy Image Location" (or applicable function in Chrome, IE, etc.) and link it on the forums. Hope that helps!

Ron Mikula June 3rd, 2015 03:47 AM

Thanks for responding. I don't think they are the same as the pick up. They are about 3 " in dia. However they stick out about an 1 1/2" as opposed to being flat. I'll check the exact measurements tomorrow. The rubber mount has a curvature in it to mount to the curve of the rear qtr. I have a good rubber mount; I need the lens and back assembly. Thanks Ron.

TJ's GMC June 5th, 2015 03:10 PM

Welcome aboard!

Ron Mikula June 6th, 2015 03:26 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I am looking for a slide lock mechanism for " barn door" or "ambulance doors" for a1966 suburban/panel truck! Anyone out there have any leads? Ron Mikula.

Ratdog July 2nd, 2015 05:37 AM

Have you tried 4-5-6 Chevy Trucks ? He has GMC parts as well.

Ron Mikula July 31st, 2015 03:12 PM

Finally got some pics. up of my 66 sub. Still some work to do but getting close. I did not put the 351 back in it because I always felt it drove like a tractor.instead went with a 454 big block. I know it is disappointing to some of you; but I wanted a smoother ride. Therefore I have the rebuilt 351 that was in it for sale. If anyone is interested call me. 231-620-3785.