6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy) (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47321)

FetchMeAPepsi June 22nd, 2014 03:33 AM

Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Oh and Foley, this one's for you buddy :)

I used Ol' Max to pull out a brown turkey fig tree that hadn't been producing for the last oh, 5 or so years. The Blonde said it had to go so I looped some old cotton rope around it and RRRRIIPPPP! Like an old tooth! :lolsmack2:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

FetchMeAPepsi June 26th, 2014 11:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Just a quick update here.

I had a little trouble turning the hubs right after reassembling them. This thing is called a "Strap Wrench".
It's great for looping around the hub and getting it turned a few times till it's all greased up or loosened up enough to move freely. You can get them for about $4.00 at Wally World (Wal Mart)

A couple of turns and it was moving freely by hand :thumbsup:

BarryGMC June 27th, 2014 04:34 AM

What's up with the sound?

FetchMeAPepsi June 27th, 2014 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryGMC (Post 53908)
What's up with the sound?

The engine sound? I have family over this weekend so I'm limited on what I can do, but right now the plan is to pull off the oil pan and poke at the piston rods to see if they wiggle. If they do, I'll hunt down some rod bearings :)

If that's not right, please let me know. I'm making my plan based off Googling. They can't put things on the internet that aren't true, right? :teehee:

Bon-Jooor!

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

src="https://

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

BarryGMC June 27th, 2014 05:05 AM

Hey pep is this your first oil change on Cecilia?

FetchMeAPepsi June 27th, 2014 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryGMC (Post 53910)
Hey pep is this your first oil change on Cecilia?

Yes, it's the first one.

BarryGMC June 27th, 2014 06:06 AM

It sounds more like a main bearing.

FetchMeAPepsi July 14th, 2014 04:31 PM

Just a quick "Whatcha doin" update for everyone. Cecilia's parked and taking a break. In the meantime I'm still working on a project that I'll show you guys for Aphaynes. If it works, we'll all need it eventually :)

On my off time I ran off to see a surgeon again and while we were talking he jumped up and cut some spots off my head. Thankfully he got over that and sewed me back up. I'm stuck inside for the next week healing up and itching LIKE CRAZY!!! :pullinghairout:

Once I'm cleared for fun again I'll be doing some of the tests in this thread here for my sick baby's engine knock.

Aphaynes, Rusty's prototype 4 and 5 was a fail. I'll get back to work on it Wednesday and Friday. :newidea:

aphaynes July 14th, 2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 54128)
Aphaynes, Rusty's prototype 4 and 5 was a fail. I'll get back to work on it Wednesday and Friday. :newidea:

Didn't realize you were prototyping something...now you got me all curious!! :yourock:

Hope you get back into action quickly...dang doctors. :poke:

Foley July 15th, 2014 06:42 PM

[QUOTE=FetchMeAPepsi;53867]Oh and Foley, this one's for you buddy :)

I used Ol' Max to pull out a brown turkey fig tree that hadn't been producing for the last oh, 5 or so years. The Blonde said it had to go so I looped some old cotton rope around it and RRRRIIPPPP! Like an old tooth! :lolsmack2:

Thank you Fetch. I'm pretty jazzed by the useability of that bigol machine. But I'm even more curious bout how do you move it along thru your back yard? Those little wheels on Ol' Max aren't zactly grass friendly.