6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Sad News (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47692)

6066gmcguy August 8th, 2013 06:02 AM

Sad News

The 6066 GMC Guy was killed tonight in a hotile take over.

The website has been shut down!!! all accounts have been hidin from the people doign the take over and will be moved.

All trucks have been taken in the raid and anything that is left will be going to scrap, a pickup box trailer load at a time.

One time offer: $5000 gets you every manual, broucher, ads and anything else that is paper goods the covers 6066 GMC Trucks. pay me a bit extra and I'll bring them to you. I'm not goignt o take the time to file through to find a single item, its all or nothing. every thing goes into boxes in the next few weeks and will be moved if not sold.

All engines still on site, any offers over $250 will be taken, 1-351C, 1-401M and 1-DH478 are up for sall for one week them off to scrap they go. they must be picked up my the end of the month. I also have a 305E that will be free to anyone that wants it.

sc1337 August 8th, 2013 01:28 PM

Re: Sad News

wait what? The website site was killed or the the member?

Jeannie August 8th, 2013 01:56 PM

PM Sent.

6066gmcguy August 8th, 2013 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc1337 (Post 49666)
Wait what? The website site was killed or the the member?

Mite as well have been both, but just the website, for now, is no more.

GMCNUT August 8th, 2013 02:28 PM

I do not understand - we raised the money to protect the website for a year and now the site is down? Hostile take over? What is this craziness?

sc1337 August 8th, 2013 02:37 PM

Do you own the rights to the website? if so you can send me the web files and I can give you free hosting on our server. I would hate to see such a good source of information lost.

GMCNUT August 8th, 2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc1337 (Post 49670)
Do you own the rights to the website? if so you can send me the web files and I can give you free hosting on our server. I would hate to see such a good source of information lost.

We will have to wait for Jolly to tell us what he means about a hostile take over...not sure if a website can be hacked or kijacked, or if Jolly is saying he has done something to take it down....we need clarity for sure so we can take appropriate action

FetchMeAPepsi August 8th, 2013 05:25 PM

Did it get hacked? My restore wont be finished nearly as easy without it.
:noway: Glad I took some notes the past four years.

David R Leifheit August 8th, 2013 05:30 PM

Jolly - My offer from a while back still stands, I would be willing to mirror/host the site on my server. Depending on the cost, I *might* be able to pay for the existing myself. The domain should only be about $8/10 a year (thats about what mine costs) plus whatever the hosting site costs.
I'd just need the files and could have it setup here in a day or so.

6066gmcguy August 8th, 2013 08:03 PM

hostile take over ~ I'm being fourced to shut it all donw because my in-laws thing that this whole thing is just a big black hole that I have been tossing hundereds of thousands of dollars down ever month. so they have taken ove my accounts and fourced me to sign over all trucks to them.

In return I still have a place to live, if you can call this living.

All site data will be send to David R Leifheit & Arthur Throckmorton to do with as they sees fit.