6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jake Groby UPDATED 1960 GMC build with Photos (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47604)

Funky61 June 16th, 2013 01:30 AM

Re: FINALLY got frontend on

Looking Great Jake! Please tell me what size tires your are using? Are those rims 15x5?

jbgroby June 16th, 2013 02:09 AM

I'm not sure I know they are stock from 1960.

jbgroby June 17th, 2013 12:22 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Mounted the bumper, I need to order two more bolts (or find the ones I had!) and the first lens. I need to figure out how to make the other lens get riveted or mounted to the housing without breaking it. It is WAY too rare to gamble with. The OEM factory ones I have plain mushroom head rivet, not the traditional type, where you pull the shaft though. I think they are airplane style, if so I have a friend who just built his own aircraft who has all the tools

dustbowlfarmer June 17th, 2013 05:38 PM

Nice truck sir!

jbgroby June 18th, 2013 12:29 AM

Thanks Dust bowl

donrm June 19th, 2013 12:31 PM

Nice to see you got your fender fitting properly. Donrm Cincinnati ohio 1966 GMC Fleetside

FetchMeAPepsi June 19th, 2013 08:11 PM

Re: Jake Groby UPDATED 1960 GMC build photo links

Your pics aren't showing right. It looks like you're linking to the first page of your photobucket album with every link. It starts with a cute little munchkin with a headband :)

Ive never used photobucket but if you dont see anything different than guests do when you're logged in then heres what I think you would do to make them show up.

Click on the album link you posted. Click on the picture you want to show. Click on the broken chain icon above the picture on the left. (using IE, that is). Then click on the last box, IMG Code. It'll copy to yoru clipboard.

Then just come here and paste like this. Hit enter after every paste.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I really dig that hood ornament too

jbgroby June 21st, 2013 04:02 AM

Re: Jake Groby UPDATED 1960 GMC build photo links

I thought I had that fixed. There are so many pictures that tell the story, I'd be month posting. Let me see if I can figure out how to direct link the albums from Photobucket. Anybody else have them ?

jbgroby June 21st, 2013 05:38 PM

wiring of the electrical components

Now that I have the front end finished, this weekend I'd like to start on the routing and wiring of the electrical components.

I’m using the E-Z wire 21 circuit and the Dolphin gauges, I’m using analog fuel, oil psi, temp and amps gauges, 12 volt clock and Tachometer. I understand basic wiring, but will probably have a ton of questions on different needs etc.

I also believe in using the right tool for the job, with that being said I would to ask the first advice on the following.

What type stripping tool should I get, an auto wire stripper - self gauging or a manual one?

What type of or brand of electrical connections and /or tape I would think 3-m is the best on the tape?

Thanks
Jake

Clyde June 22nd, 2013 05:31 AM

Re: wiring of the electrical components

Do it right the first time, get bare connector and solder them then apply heat shrink, then you never have a problem. There are some very good automatic wire strippers but they cost a few dollars more than cheap ones, you get what you pay for.