6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   New air conditioning bracket (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49637)

HOTRODJOHN October 5th, 2016 03:33 AM

New air conditioning bracket

Here is an up date on the bracket. This is a rough picture of where the bracket will end up mounting. Of course all the parts will be messaged and trimmed to fit perfect. 80% there. That will give you a general idea where it will go and how it fits. Any questions message me. It will that another few weeks and it will be finished. I have to make 25 pieces on the first run. It will come complete bracket, bottom support and all the hardware for mounting it. The only part that is not included will be the white fan belt, I am keeping it for myself. If you can give me some feedback, I would appreciate it. Also, would you want me to include the fan belt or leave it up to you. This will be for the Vintage Air Unit. Thanks, John

TJ's GMC October 5th, 2016 03:51 AM

Re: New air conditioning bracket

No pic. :(

HOTRODJOHN October 5th, 2016 04:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Sorry, I forgot to post the photo. Here is one photo and will update more tonight.

TJ's GMC October 5th, 2016 04:44 PM

Very nice! :thumbsup:

ilvracn October 5th, 2016 07:22 PM

looks great:thumbsup:

Ed Snyder October 5th, 2016 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOTRODJOHN (Post 63959)
Here is an up date on the bracket. This is a rough picture of where the bracket will end up mounting. If you can give me some feedback, I would appreciate it. This will be for the Vintage Air Unit. Thanks, John

Sign me up for one, John. I do have one question, though. It's not obvious from your photos how to adjust the compressor for proper belt tension. I assume there would be a curved slot somewhere so the compressor would pivot. Can you clarify?
Thanks,
Ed

HOTRODJOHN October 6th, 2016 03:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
I am almost done just some cosmetics. The bracket will move front to back and side to side, there are slots machined on both brackets, the one from Vintage Air and the one I made. Please ask me any questions because I tried to think of any problems we may encounter. When I get the parts back from the fabricator I will tig weld one of mounting brackets on and then they will be ready to go. When all done, I will post a photo to show everything included with the bracket to make the installation easy. On one of the photos there are slots running front to back, on the new bracket they run side to side. This gives you adjustment in both directions. John

AZKen October 6th, 2016 03:51 AM

John, it is aluminum, correct?

HOTRODJOHN October 6th, 2016 04:05 AM

Ken, it is steal. The only reason I have to weld on a mounting bracket, there were 2 bends for mounting but the bends were too tight. They had to shear one off and that's why I will have to do the welding. The Sanden compressor is aluminum. JOHN

TJ's GMC October 6th, 2016 05:40 PM

Bout how much are these gonna run John?