6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Redding Mini Meet II? (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47777)

BobC September 17th, 2013 04:22 PM

Redding Mini Meet II?

Thinking of putting together a mini meet again here in Redding, Calif., The best time would be at the conclusion of the "Kool April Nights" event here in Redding. This event will run from April 19 thru Sunday the 27th. It's a pretty nice event and rivals "Hot August Nights" in Reno. https://koolaprilnites.com/index.asp So I'm thinking at Redding park again on Sunday afternoon on April 27th 2pm. (event ends 1pm). I'll bbq hamburgers and hotdogs again. Also a place to sell our extra parts. Just throwing the idea out there, let me know (pm) if there is interest out there?

GMC Guy September 17th, 2013 07:52 PM

Re: Redding Mini Meet II?

I know this is not a PM, but I am interested and it's too far out to commit. Please keep me posted on status.

Ed Snyder September 17th, 2013 08:42 PM

I'll "second" Arthur's comments -- interested but too far out to commit.

Ed

BobC September 17th, 2013 09:09 PM

My biggest reason as for looking for interest is that I would have to reserve the park now, if it's not already too late. (since it's during Kool April nights week, it might fill up fast. But I'll go ahead and reserve it, I guess I could always cancel. Pictures of the park (kinda) are in the earlier Redding mini meet pictures post.

FetchMeAPepsi September 17th, 2013 10:16 PM

Too bad you guys are in Kalifornia. :(
One day I'm going to sell everything I own and just roam around visiting and talking to people about these old trucks. Every time I see "Mini Meet" I'll roll that direction. Now that would be cool!

And I'd get away with it too if it weren't for these meddling kids! http://windypix.com/?di=JW5U.jpg

http://windypix.com/?dm=E9GD.jpg

Foley September 18th, 2013 01:06 AM

There is interest here. I'd be happy to come back up to Redding in April. "The other" Bob C.

Rick September 18th, 2013 03:13 AM

Hello All,

I too would love to attend this event again. I still have my T-shirt from the last time. Since I am retired, attending would be a no=brainer. However, I will attend only if at least 3 other's are willing to bring their GMC.

Rick Rusconi
Elk Grove, Kalif

tommyduncan September 18th, 2013 05:46 PM

I am like most other replies... interested but still pretty early. It might be fun to do one here someday...

Foley September 18th, 2013 10:23 PM

I probably wouldn't be able to bring my truck, but I'm thinking if Bob C. up in Redding is willing to go to all the work and effort to reserve a place to display, do the coordinating, and provide the stuff for barbequing, that I would be happy to go up there just to meet other GMC people, look at whatever trucks are there, maybe do some parts swapping and have some fun. It doesn't seem right to put conditions on it about how many rigs have to be there. "The other" Bob C. in Greenwood CA

BobC September 19th, 2013 04:50 PM

The interest is good enough for me, so I went down to City Hall to reserve the park and it went from free to $70.00. sign of the times. The Redding civic auditorium where the car show will be, will practically be empty my then or I know of a couple free parks. Not worried. I'll bring this post up again in March to see if interest is still there. Rick it would be nice seeing you there again, The last Redding Mini meet 10 years ago , I think the only problem was finding motel rooms due to Kool April nights. So early reservations are suggested (you can always cancel them) and we have several motel 6's. As I remember there was also Richard Silsbee, Rick Saunders (Sacramento I think?) Blake, Kenny Whitman, and a Ron Palmer. Jolly came close to being thee.

tommyduncan September 19th, 2013 09:41 PM

Las Vegas, NV
10 hours 15 mins
Redding, CA
646.2 mi

1300÷8mpg=162.5x$3.50(average price of gas)=$568

That's a haul!:ahhhh:

I guess I better get busy with rear end gears and wide band tuning... and maybe new stereo...and tires...and front end alignment... and new hoses and belts...and I better check the brakes...

:headscratch: you are talking April of 2014, right?

That's a little over 6 months... no problem!:champagne:

BobC September 20th, 2013 12:11 AM

Yep, last Sunday in April, unless someone has a better date for attending "Kool April Nights" and a mini meet? It would either be that Sunday (April 27 2013) afternoon or Friday afternoon Apr.25? There is a city car parade Friday evening with a lot of vintage cars if anyone is interested in that, (I'm not, lol) Not looking for commitment, just interest. Even if it's just 2 or 3 trucks I would do it....

Rick September 24th, 2013 03:51 AM

Hi Bob,

I have no problem attending your UP-COMING meet in Redding. My problem is as follows: You post a meet, that is great. Many members say they "might" attend. From my experience NONE of the "might attend" members attend. If they will not commit ahead of time, they will not attend. I did 2 meets, in the Sacramento area. I paid for most everything, yet I was only able to get 4 or 5 members to attend. Many said they would, few did.
I WILL attend your meet if you schedule it early. Very few others will make that commitment. Let me know, as again, I say "I would like at least 3 other GMC's to attend.

Rick Rusconi
62 1000 series 401

BobC March 23rd, 2014 04:49 AM

Well April is quickly approaching and of course I'm busier than ever trying to prepare my 63 for the event (almost done). Kool April Nights here in Redding, CA is April 19th to Sunday April 27th. http://koolaprilnites.com/ The show is over about noon on the 27th. and I am proposing meeting at the Civic Auditorium where the show will be unfolding about 1pm that day. I will probably be attending several show and shines everyday between April 19th and the 25th.. Afterwards we can either meet at a near by park for a bbq or might be easier at my backyard for a bbq? The Civic is huge and we should be able to still park on the lawn for a group picture. I would imagine we could stay there till at least by 5 if not later. it's open 24/7. Any Thoughts???

Ed Snyder March 23rd, 2014 07:55 AM

Meeting at the Civic Auditorium at 1 PM on Sunday, April 27th, sounds good to me, Bob. See you then.

I just noticed Fetch posted a picture of Uncle Si back on page 1 of this thread. "Hey -- that's what I'm talkin bout". :saywhat:
Uncle Si was born the same day I was.

Alright, Rick from Elk Grove and the rest of you Kalifornians -- time to commit!

Foley March 25th, 2014 05:11 PM

I will come Bob. Just tell me what time and what location. My 64 fenderside won't be able to make it, but I'd like to be there and meet folks. And just like Ed from Oreee-gone, I won't be putting any conditions on what your trying to do. tks,

The other Bob C.

BobC March 25th, 2014 05:24 PM

Great Bob, You will be#5 attending (including myself). We are all going to meet at the Redding Civic center at @ 1:00pm on Sunday April 27th. The car show will be dismantling by then and we should all be able to park on the lawn directly in front of the water fountain for a picture (wish you could bring your truck). Ed Snyder and I go way back and have meet several times at the car show, it's a pretty good show (huge). I will be participating for the first time this year so if you come on Saturday make sure to look for me, hopefully my truck should stand out. Sunday after pictures we can meet at my house or the park for bbq. I'll supply hamburgers, beer & soft drinks.

FetchMeAPepsi March 25th, 2014 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobC (Post 52598)
Great Bob, You will be#5 attending (including myself). We are all going to meet at the Redding Civic center at @ 1:00pm on Sunday April 27th. The car show will be dismantling by then and we should all be able to park on the lawn directly in front of the water fountain for a picture (wish you could bring your truck). Ed Snyder and I go way back and have meet several times at the car show, it's a pretty good show (huge). I will be participating for the first time this year so if you come on Saturday make sure to look for me, hopefully my truck should stand out. Sunday after pictures we can meet at my house or the park for bbq. I'll supply hamburgers, beer & soft drinks.

:giggity::giggity: I'm going to disassemble and fedex Cecilia's parts out to you guys and you can help me put her back together, bigger....stronger....faster.....http://manhattaninfidel.com/wp-conte...1166490463.jpg

We have the technology! but maybe we need a few dozen more Pepsi's!

Sounds like a fun one guys. Please post some pics when you're done for us homebodies :thumbsup:

BobC March 25th, 2014 07:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thought I would show a picture of what I would be wearing at the car show so that you would recognize that it's me LOL http://6066gmcclub.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

BobC March 25th, 2014 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Redding's First GMC mini meet 10 years ago!

BobC March 25th, 2014 08:27 PM

What about TommyDuncan and Arthur, aka "GMC Guy", are you guys going to be able to make it? As of this minute we have 5 members (4 trucks) attending.

BobC March 31st, 2014 03:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Almost ready for the car show (Kool April Nights). Just need my hood finished.

BobC April 15th, 2014 07:20 PM

Well it's less than 2 weeks away now and I just had my first show & shine competing with over 160 other cars/trucks (I had the only GMC) and I didn't win, lol... The big car show is Saturday April 26 with over 1,800 vehicles already signed up. Sunday April 27th I proposed a mini meet here in Redding just after the awards show. I had at least 5 members contact me showing interest, if you like to re-contact me, I'll go ahead and purchase the necessary food for a bbq after at my house (within 2 miles of the show). Let me know! phone is (530)941-7377 or pm or e-mail at rbc-edc@pacbell.net

Foley April 15th, 2014 09:48 PM

Yes Bob C. I'm still planning to be there Sunday afternoon. Could you post an address where we plan to meet? Tks. The "other" Bob C.

BobC April 16th, 2014 03:03 AM

Great Bob, good ole faithful Ed will also be there so we can help celebrate his birthday Sunday! The address for the civic center is 700 Auditorium Dr, Redding, CA 96001. It's pretty big and we'll meet by the water fountain (hopefully it will be running, easy to spot) at 1:00. After we meet there and see whats left of the car show (it should be dispersing by then) Maybe we can get a group picture by the fountain. After that we'll convene at my house for the BBQ, which you can either follow me or I'll give you easy directions there. I'm thinking wives would be great as long as they don't get too bored.. As far as your other question via email, I should have everything. Still waiting on at least three more people who earlier said they were a go.

BobC April 16th, 2014 04:52 PM

Two more have contacted me advising that they'll be here. Poor RustyNut (Dave) has some flooding issues and won't be able to make it :(