6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   My 1962 GMC (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51196)

MyFirstGMC August 27th, 2021 01:06 AM

My 1962 GMC

5 Attachment(s)
In July I went to buy a 1961 International Harvester Scout that was posted for sale.
In the posting picture I saw two other trucks behind the Scout 80.
For years these trucks were stored untouched inside a horse barn located in Homestead Florida.
The GMC is originally from Arizona and is very solid and has very little rot.
I bought the Scout and couldn't leave without the GMC. The other truck was a 1957 Chevrolet stepside.

Funky61 August 27th, 2021 01:16 AM

Re: My 1962 GMC

Welcome to the forum MyFirstGMC!

I think you have a nice truck there. Looks like original color scheme and it’s a shortbed to boot! :welldone:

Ed Snyder August 27th, 2021 01:27 AM

Nice find! I hope you're able to keep it from getting rusty there with all that salty air. I noticed the solid copper Arizona plate. My '62 Suburban came with those too.

MyFirstGMC August 27th, 2021 03:48 AM

The truck had a Arizona title and I was able to locate and speak to the owner listed on the title. He told me bought the truck from the original owner in Tucson Arizona. He was going to restore the truck but his expanding business took all of his free time.
He decided to sell and the truck was transported by the buyer to a horse barn in Homestead Florida. It was never registered in the new owners name who had plans to transport it and other trucks to Puerto Rico.
Those plans fell through and the trucks were offered for sale. I was lucky to get there first and buy the 1961 Scout 80. I was also able to speak to the previous owner of the Scout 80 who lives in Idaho. It's a very solid truck that was rarely driven and always stored inside.
Thank you both for responding.

Ed Snyder August 27th, 2021 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyFirstGMC (Post 74564)
The truck had a Arizona title and I was able to locate and speak to the owner listed on the title. He told me bought the truck from the original owner in Tucson Arizona. He was going to restore the truck but his expanding business took all of his free time.
He decided to sell and the truck was transported by the buyer to a horse barn in Homestead Florida. It was never registered in the new owners name who had plans to transport it and other trucks to Puerto Rico. Those plans fell through and the trucks were offered for sale. Thank you both for responding.

What are your plans for the pickup?

MyFirstGMC August 27th, 2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 74565)
What are your plans for the pickup?

I'm going to get it roadworthy for short trips and errands around here locally. I'm very limited in what I can do right now. I have no garage, not even a carport.

jbgroby August 27th, 2021 01:15 PM

I noticed the heads were a different color, is that a possible head rebuild?

lizziemeister'sV6 August 27th, 2021 03:35 PM

Wondering if you have checked into Florida's DOT regulations on getting titles issued when the vehicles have changed owners. Iowa law doesn't allow title jumping unless you can show the vehicle wasn't on the road for a certain amount of years by the owner on the title. Be a good time to check into that since you have a little down time. Hope it goes well for you. :upyes: