6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New to the forum... (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51156)

LEWISMATKIN July 5th, 2021 11:36 PM

Re: New to the forum...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeannie (Post 74294)
Hi Lewis!

You are right about the tonnage. The VIN decoder had a duplicate output for half ton pickups, indicating both the 1500 and the 2500 as half ton models. This is now corrected. However, to my knowledge and per Jolly's research the designation for wideside or stepside was never coded into the VIN for GMC. If this is wrong and you have the decoding for this we can add it to the decoder.

Thanks!

-Jeannie
6066 GMC Club

jeannie, as far as i know with the resources i have available, GMC never coded stepside or wideside in their vin #'s

Ed Snyder July 6th, 2021 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeannie (Post 74294)
Hi Lewis!

You are right about the tonnage. The VIN decoder had a duplicate output for half ton pickups, indicating both the 1500 and the 2500 as half ton models. This is now corrected.

Thanks!

-Jeannie
6066 GMC Club

Hi Jeannie --

The decoder is still wrong. It should show the following --

1000 = half ton
1500 = three quarter ton (not half ton)
2500 = one ton (not three quarter ton)

Too many people don't realize that 1500 didn't become the half ton rating until 1967, and 2500 became the three quarter ton rating then as well.

Jeannie July 6th, 2021 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 74297)
Hi Jeannie --

The decoder is still wrong. It should show the following --

1000 = half ton
1500 = three quarter ton (not half ton)
2500 = one ton (not three quarter ton)

Too many people don't realize that 1500 didn't become the half ton rating until 1967, and 2500 became the three quarter ton rating then as well.

Updated.There was a disconnect between short and long beds. Thanks Ed!

cowboygunner August 21st, 2021 02:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Good day all! Hope everyone is good with all the chaos in the world right now. Hoping to get some advice. I believe my carburetor is cursed. Hoss won't start. I have good flow all the way to the carburetor, but it is bone dry on top. I removed it, and flipped it over and a good amount of fuel poured out of it. The grumpy little dude has already caused one fire that ruined a brand new paint job with the previous owner, and it is starting to exhibit the same things now. Any recommendations for a newer, more efficient and reliable replacement? I don't even want to try to rebuild it. Thanks in advance!

cowboygunner August 21st, 2021 06:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I found Dennis' Holley 500 CFM Project on the page. Anyone else swapped out their Stromberg for a Holley? My manifold doesn't have a trapezoidal base. Must be from a 305.

Funky61 August 21st, 2021 07:19 PM

Many have used the same intake you have and here is the classic post from the archives from Pete Chronis

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

cowboygunner August 21st, 2021 07:29 PM

Thanks Funky61. Looks like the Mr. Gasket Adapter 720-1937 is not available anywhere until the end of October. Wow. I did find a suitable alternative - appears to be a substitute. Summit Racing - TRD-2086: Trans-Dapt Performance Products Adapter. Slightly more expensive but looks identical. I snatched one quick. There are only 7 left now.

cowboygunner September 16th, 2021 12:29 AM

5 Attachment(s)
So much for plug and play...my new carburetor is installed. Everything was proceeding fine until I tried to hook up the manual choke. It is now a few inches short due to being on the other side now. I would have thought that Holley would have finished the fuel inlet fitting, but it is just a big hole in the side. There were a ton of trinkets in the box (everything except for what I need). Does anyone know what type of fitting is required (size and thread)? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

James September 16th, 2021 12:24 PM

You would need the bowl fitting (maybe, if the one you have is for a 3/8" tube you will need this)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

and the line.

Here is a selection of choke cable.

Hope this help.

cowboygunner September 16th, 2021 11:57 PM

That is a huge help, James. Exactly what I need. Thank you so much!