6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Other Rides and Projects (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   GMCDAC's GMCs (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47944)

BarryGMC September 23rd, 2014 03:49 AM

Re: GMCDAC's GMCs

That's pretty cool. I love the born free logo.

GMCDAC September 24th, 2014 01:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryGMC (Post 54820)
That's pretty cool. I love the born free logo.

Thanks, Barry, those logos are plastic and all 4 of them are perfect. There is a lot of work to do besides getting the truck running so most of the camper work will probably happen next year.

It has electric brakes, some extra wiring and a GMC specific bumper I have to build before it can be loaded. It came off a later model Dodge truck. Uncle Jim said the camper is free but you gotta build your own bumper! It uses a ball to "boomer" it to the truck along with some heavy "sockets" that act as guides for mounting tubes.

This is the bumper from the Dodge.

DAC

GMCDAC October 26th, 2014 04:14 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, earlier this week a friend of mine, the person I got my '55 GMC from, gave me this under dash tissue box holder with the condition that I put it in the '55. Well yeah I told him but my condition was that the bowtie had to go in favor of a GMC logo! He agreed so I un-bowtied it and made GMC stickers to make it look right tonight. I had the old vinyl cutter running anyway to make some other stickers so while it was on I built these up and made a couple. I probably won't get a chance to install it until next weekend. I'm hoping to FINALLY fire up the '72 Monday and get it out of the shop for awhile.

This logo was a '47-early '55 one but it seems that when needing a round logo GMC still used this one from '55-'59 also.

DAC

jbgroby October 26th, 2014 04:25 PM

Looks great, I have one as well but it's period correct and generic

Foley October 26th, 2014 06:12 PM

If you go to DAC's place, there is a building in the back, actually at the end of the driveway. Inside the building is a couple GMC's under construction and many other vehicular cool things to look at. BUT....off to one side there is a door. If you are lucky enough to get invited to go through that door, you will find a magic kingdom inside that room. And there within lies the ingenious technology and creative manipulation that produces all these cool things. It is a talent that even Payton Manning would envy!

lakeroadster October 26th, 2014 11:41 PM

Awesome thread and neat job on the tissue dispenser.

DAC you have some mad skills... :thumbsup:

GMCDAC October 27th, 2014 03:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 55131)
Looks great, I have one as well but it's period correct and generic

Thank-you sir! I would love to see a pic of yours! This one is supposed to be from the '50s or early 60's and it looks that old but sure don't know.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foley (Post 55132)
If you go to DAC's place, there is a building in the back, actually at the end of the driveway. Inside the building is a couple GMC's under construction and many other vehicular cool things to look at. BUT....off to one side there is a door. If you are lucky enough to get invited to go through that door, you will find a magic kingdom inside that room. And there within lies the ingenious technology and creative manipulation that produces all these cool things. It is a talent that even Payton Manning would envy!

Bob, I read this earlier today and I am still speechless or maybe typeless??-LOL! Thank-you for the compliments, dang--getting choked up again. Ok, got it back together. Payton is a football player, right? I am going to put the pic of us here to get even. Thanks for that visit and I wish we lived closer!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakeroadster (Post 55136)
Awesome thread and neat job on the tissue dispenser. DAC you have some mad skills... :thumbsup:

I really appreciate this comment too John and welcome to the site! I'm die hard GMC guy and when Jeannie was able to take Jolly's yahoo deal and get a real forum going in early 2013, I had to be on it! The most educational site for what I do with GMC's!

Here's me and "Foley" early this summer.

DAC

jbgroby October 27th, 2014 03:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I had the front painted to match the interior.

GMCDAC October 27th, 2014 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbgroby (Post 55140)
I had the front painted to match the interior.

I love it! Perfect match with the "V" in it since you have the V-6! Thanks for posting it! Would also like to see it painted?

DAC

FetchMeAPepsi October 27th, 2014 04:01 PM

Great artwork Dac! Where does the tissue thing mount in the 55? Under the dash?
Man I wish I knew you did vinyl work sooner. I have a PDF to send you that might be handy for when you get a 60-66 again.