6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build. (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48773)

TJ's GMC December 19th, 2018 05:57 AM

Re: 1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 70281)
Well at least Crustine's not lonesome and has some company!
Congratulations on the Job and New opportunities TJ. :upyes::thumbsup:

Thanks man!
Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 70289)
Electromagnetic Dynamo? What's an EMD?

Congrats on the new Job! Hope it pays well and lets you pamper Crustine :rowdybeer: Sounds like it's a blast!

EMD stands for Electro-motive diesel.
Thanks! It pays decent as of now....better pay in the future for sure. Can be stressful and I'm out in sucky weather alot right now. But a good career none the less.

TJ's GMC December 8th, 2019 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been awhile since my last post on here. Life has been absolutely Nuts. Work at the railroad was great till 4000+ of us got laid off due to b.s. politics and the "know it alls." Anyhow! Enjoyed almost a full year then and gained alot of experience and a few good buddies as well. Luckily Crustine never made it all the way up there and I didn't have to worry about getting her back Down. Good to be back with her though.....and acquired a nice 99 dodge with a cummins while I was up there. Been enjoying the 18-21 mpg's out of a 3/4 ton truck ever since! :thumbsup:

Nothing to update on Crustine other than she's been the best dern truck I've ever owned and I finally fixed the emergency brake after years of owning it. Still purrs away everyday but it's time for some more love to go into that truck.
Needs alot of mechanical redone as I've driven it the way it is for a few years. SO.....soon as I get the 66 chev done with it's resto Crustine is next for a project plan. I'm not positive what's gonna happen, but I'm thinking of getting an 89-93 Dodge W250 single cab and body swapping so I can have 4wd and diesel power. I know I'll then be a heathen to the group, but you can guarantee the v6 will find a home in another truck of the future.

Anyhow....long post so I'll catch up with yall later.

tbucketnut December 8th, 2019 04:45 AM

Sorry to here of the misfortune of getting laid off. Wishing you all the best with some good luck through the holiday season. Keep in touch.

Steve

TJ's GMC January 26th, 2020 10:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After some 5 years of owning this truck I finally spent a whole 6 dollors and fixed my cig lighter. Bought a universal from Napa and was able to utilize the stock harness. Been able to charge my phone and whatever else now. Now to make a phone mount for gps advantages. :thumbsup:

tbucketnut January 26th, 2020 11:24 PM

Check your wiring looks like the old element got really hot, hate to see Crustine burn up.

TJ's GMC January 28th, 2020 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbucketnut (Post 72014)
Check your wiring looks like the old element got really hot, hate to see Crustine burn up.

I did double check the harness, by the looks of the old setup I think someone put the cig lighter back in to far and melted it.

TJ's GMC August 5th, 2021 05:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well a bit has happened since my last update. I just got done redoing all the brakes. Did wheel cylinders, hoses, springs, pads, and drums. Old brakes were shot. Also did a new booster and master cylinder. Finally put on these bumper guards I bought for the truck a few years ago and forgot I had. Also long overdue but I got a spare valve cover painted so I could run a pcv setup as well.

Ed Snyder August 5th, 2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 74452)
Well a bit has happened since my last update. I just got done redoing all the brakes. Did wheel cylinders, hoses, springs, pads, and drums. Old brakes were shot. Also did a new booster and master cylinder. Finally put on these bumper guards I bought for the truck a few years ago and forgot I had. Also long overdue but I got a spare valve cover painted so I could run a pcv setup as well.

Good to see you're making progress again, Tom! Keep up the good work.

Funky61 August 5th, 2021 01:58 PM

Bumper guards are looking good!

FetchMeAPepsi August 5th, 2021 03:12 PM

Dadgum TJ that paint looks goooooood!