6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Vintage Trailer Haulers (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48217)

Foley May 29th, 2014 04:07 PM

Vintage Trailer Haulers

2 Attachment(s)
I stopped by a vintage trailer rally a few weeks Back. There I found 72 old camp trailers of various makes and models. Some of these folks haul them around with vintage vehicles to match the era. I spotted these two GMCs among the haulers. I couldn't find the owners and so didn't get any info on them other than what you see.

GMCDAC May 30th, 2014 02:50 AM

Re: Vintage Trailer Haulers

Hi Bob, love these hard working GMC's, and vintage camping trailers too! Don't have any pics I took of any though. I'm always on the lookout for an old "rebuilder" camping trailer but have not run across an affordable one. I have a GMC like the one on the left---well ok mines a rust bucket-- but want to own one like on the right someday too, but hopefully a '60 or '61. Mom and Dad bought a new one in 1960 for that specific purpose, to haul us kids, and pull a too big for the truck expando trailer house since his job took him and us all over the place. Of course my GMC interest is pretty wide, I wouldn't even argue with a GMC manufactured motorhome from the mid '70's either!

Thanks for the pics---DAC

bigblockv6 May 30th, 2014 03:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Talk about campers, here's one from the latest Four Wheeler Magazine. Basically a brand new Dodge Cummins Pickup clad with 66 GMC sheet metal.

Foley May 31st, 2014 06:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Your right DAC, and I guess most of us have an appreciation for all this old machinery and equipment in one fashion or nuther. When I was around those vintage trailer folks I learned they have nick names for the various styles. We all know bout Airstreams, but how about Tear Drops, Bread loafs, and Canned Hams. Here are a few more pictures of some that I saw. IF you are a GMC Truck only purist, please cover your eyes.

Foley,
Greenwood, CA

GMCDAC June 1st, 2014 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foley (Post 53545)
Your right DAC, and I guess most of us have an appreciation for all this old machinery and equipment in one fashion or nuther. When I was around those vintage trailer folks I learned they have nick names for the various styles. We all know bout Airstreams, but how about Tear Drops, Bread loafs, and Canned Hams. Here are a few more pictures of some that I saw. IF you are a GMC Truck only purist, please cover your eyes.

Foley,
Greenwood, CA

Very cool campers and names! Thanks for the additional pics. I bet the 3rd and 4th are the "canned hams"! Love those names. I belong to a group on Facebook that is called "Vintage Camping Trailers" and there is some amazing stuff on there.

DAC