6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1960 4000 series in Oakes North Dakota (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48308)

GMCNUT July 28th, 2014 05:02 PM

1960 4000 series in Oakes North Dakota

Man o man - just saw a craigslist ad for a solid low miles 1960 GMC big grain truck in North Dakota - only 500.00 measly dollars to own it!

Does ANYONE live anywhere close to Oakes ND and could go get it? I'd like to buy it for the doors and hood maybe etc and let someone else scrap it and get the $$ for that and whatevers' left....anyone interested?

GMCNUT July 29th, 2014 11:35 PM

Re: 1960 4000 series in Oakes North Dakota

No 6066 members in the whole state of North Dakota?

FetchMeAPepsi July 30th, 2014 12:21 AM

I think GMCv6inND is from ND. Rattle him up and see if he'll help! :goodluck:

GMCNUT July 30th, 2014 05:38 PM

Thanks Fetch - I PM'd him

Culver Adams July 30th, 2014 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCNUT (Post 54280)
Man o man - just saw a craigslist ad for a solid low miles 1960 GMC big grain truck in North Dakota - only 500.00 measly dollars to own it!

Does ANYONE live anywhere close to Oakes ND and could go get it? I'd like to buy it for the doors and hood maybe etc and let someone else scrap it and get the $$ for that and whatevers' left....anyone interested?

Hello, GMCNUT and Old Truckers,

One of my more foolish thoughts, ever, is to contemplate driving 1961 GMC to Oakes, ND to pick up and drag home a grain truck for which the better parts are already spoken. That being said, I went on Craigslist ND to see if the thing even has wheels. Naturally, I couldn't find the listing. Do I think I need this kind of challenge? (Not really.) So, if this is going to work, a road ready truck hauling trailer has to appear. This is looking crazy enough for Fetch to write the script and a couple of others to film the documentary. I haven't said no, yet, but will if The Powder Puff can't get enough time off from school to star in the film. I need another (stronger) cup of coffee and a swim in a cold lake (soon, as in quick) to get my few remaining live brain cells focused on reality, such as wiring back-up lights on 1961 GMC. In the meantime, GMCNUT, please consider finding a frack-sand hauling truck to carry this find in an otherwise empty truck back to Red Wing or Winona MN where it can be barged down river to the Gulf and I can start sleeping soundly again.

Regards,

Culver

PS: Does it have an engine?

GMCv6inND July 31st, 2014 01:38 AM

recvd your pm today and recalled seeing the ad. i called the owner and was told it is sold.

GMCNUT August 1st, 2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Culver Adams (Post 54322)
Hello, GMCNUT and Old Truckers,

One of my more foolish thoughts, ever, is to contemplate driving 1961 GMC to Oakes, ND to pick up and drag home a grain truck for which the better parts are already spoken. That being said, I went on Craigslist ND to see if the thing even has wheels. Naturally, I couldn't find the listing. Do I think I need this kind of challenge? (Not really.) So, if this is going to work, a road ready truck hauling trailer has to appear. This is looking crazy enough for Fetch to write the script and a couple of others to film the documentary. I haven't said no, yet, but will if The Powder Puff can't get enough time off from school to star in the film. I need another (stronger) cup of coffee and a swim in a cold lake (soon, as in quick) to get my few remaining live brain cells focused on reality, such as wiring back-up lights on 1961 GMC. In the meantime, GMCNUT, please consider finding a frack-sand hauling truck to carry this find in an otherwise empty truck back to Red Wing or Winona MN where it can be barged down river to the Gulf and I can start sleeping soundly again.

Regards,

Culver

PS: Does it have an engine?

This was a super nice rust free 2 ton truck w/ good seat, guages, 305A, the Cab itself and all the FREE scrap $$ value to the hauler, so it missing the doors and hood would have been no loss to whomever went and got it since free parts and money is free parts and money. The truck sold right after I talked to the owner anyway, because I couldn't find someone fast enough to assist beyond hiring a hauler to bring it to Alabama, but I had no plans to do that....got too many hulks down here already to get rid of :)