6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New Member, 1966 GMC Longbed Barn-Find (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47666)

AndrewJoey July 22nd, 2013 11:52 AM

New Member, 1966 GMC Longbed Barn-Find

This was in my friend's dad's barn. I got it a month ago and here's my progress so far. Tomorrow I'm gonna start putting in a new wood bed. It has a 351e V6 that runs good, but needs some tuning. I'm sure I'll have ?s.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

6066gmcguy July 22nd, 2013 02:10 PM

Re: New Member, 1966 GMC Longbed Barn-Find

Nice find, great looking truck just as it is. Welcome to the forum.

tommyduncan July 22nd, 2013 04:40 PM

Nice looking truck! It looks pretty solid.

What is that on the B-pillar? It doesn't look like the "Custom" emblem that I am used to seeing.

jbgroby July 22nd, 2013 11:37 PM

Welcome, keep the V-6.

Jake

donrm July 23rd, 2013 01:57 AM

Heck of a barn find. I guess I don't know enough farmers?:lolflag::lolflag::lolflag:donrm 1966 GMC fleetside 351E

AndrewJoey July 23rd, 2013 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tommyduncan (Post 49440)
Nice looking truck! It looks pretty solid.

What is that on the B-pillar? It doesn't look like the "Custom" emblem that I am used to seeing.

It's an rv plug-in. The original owner had a camper on the back. I'm keeping the truck as original as possible, and will run the V6 until it dies. I love the original paint, good patina, just surface rust.

Foley July 23rd, 2013 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndrewJoey (Post 49436)
This was in my friend's dad's barn. I got it a month ago and here's my progress so far. Tomorrow I'm gonna start putting in a new wood bed. It has a 351e V6 that runs good, but needs some tuning. I'm sure I'll have ?s.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Great color and patina! Gives that truck some real character. Post a few more pictures when you have a chance and Congratulations on your find. Foley

FetchMeAPepsi July 23rd, 2013 02:41 PM

Ohhh yeahhh! That's my favorite look for the old GMCs!:yeeuh::yeeuh::yeeuh:

I wish I could get that out of mine but shes been rode hard and put up wet too many times. Snap about a dozen more pics and oh yeah welcome to the forum!

:thumbsup:

AndrewJoey July 23rd, 2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 49459)
Ohhh yeahhh! That's my favorite look for the old GMCs!:yeeuh::yeeuh::yeeuh:

I wish I could get that out of mine but shes been rode hard and put up wet too many times. Snap about a dozen more pics and oh yeah welcome to the forum!

:thumbsup:

I got tons of pics, if you guys wanna see'm :)

Before, on the day I got it.

AndrewJoey July 23rd, 2013 04:01 PM