6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Other Rides and Projects (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What other projects are you working on? 2022 Edition (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51352)

FetchMeAPepsi May 14th, 2022 03:26 PM

What other projects are you working on? 2022 Edition

What else are you guys working on lately? Lots of us have trucks that are running and doing fine enough that we don't have work on them every day. What's taking up your spare time?

For me, I've been buying a house. Believe it or not the Powder Puff is going to COLLEGE soon and we're looking to get a place close to where she's going to help her live on the cheap. We looked for about 8 months before we found a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath in a very comfy little neighborhood that was built in the 20-teens. Sidewalks everywhere, dog park, and lots of families like ours.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

It should be perfect for the four years we'll be living there while she goes to school. We've almost got it nailed down. Once the keys are in hand I've got all summer to be doing repairs and planting some dadgum trees so it looks more like home.

Ed Snyder May 14th, 2022 10:38 PM

Re: What other projects are you working on? 2022 Edition

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 75699)
I've been buying a house. Believe it or not the Powder Puff is going to COLLEGE soon and we're looking to get a place close to where she's going to help her live on the cheap. We looked for about 8 months before we found a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath in a very comfy little neighborhood that was built in the 20-teens. Sidewalks everywhere, dog park, and lots of families like ours.

It should be perfect for the four years we'll be living there while she goes to school. We've almost got it nailed down. Once the keys are in hand I've got all summer to be doing repairs and planting some dadgum trees so it looks more like home.

Would your new house happen to be in Manhattan, Fetch?

FetchMeAPepsi May 15th, 2022 05:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 75701)
Would your new house happen to be in Manhattan, Fetch?

A little further away, but nice catch Ed. It's in Baldwin City. We're hardcore Christians so we wanted her to go to a college that wouldn't try to make her a flaming liberal and undo 18 years of hard work.

So what did you fill your Saturday with now that it's over?

jbgroby May 15th, 2022 01:56 PM

I'm hip deep into a 75-year-old antique ship model restoration for a client, which takes drive time away :(. I'm just about ready to start the Shrouds and Ratlines.

jbgroby May 15th, 2022 01:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
I'm hip deep into a 75-year-old antique ship model restoration for a client, which takes drive time away . I'm just about ready to start the Shrouds and Ratlines.

FetchMeAPepsi May 15th, 2022 06:22 PM

That is really cool! Is it going in a display case or ???

Sonic65 May 15th, 2022 07:29 PM

I am still plugging away on my 1968 Dodge Charger build. I am so glad I bought 99% of the parts I need prior to COVID, logistics issues, inflation, etc. Parts prices have shot up to crazy high numbers.

Ed Snyder May 15th, 2022 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 75703)
A little further away, but nice catch Ed. It's in Baldwin City. We're hardcore Christians so we wanted her to go to a college that wouldn't try to make her a flaming liberal and undo 18 years of hard work.

So what did you fill your Saturday with now that it's over?

Looks like you're a lot closer to KU in Lawrence than to K-State (my alma mater) in Manhattan then. Our granddaughter who's about Powder Puff's age has one more year of high school left. Her Dad took her to look at colleges during her spring break.

When you're retired, you just do the same boring stuff every day. So my Saturday was the usual -- working around the house, yard, and garage. Plus going for a long walk.

FetchMeAPepsi May 15th, 2022 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 75709)
Looks like you're a lot closer to KU in Lawrence than to K-State (my alma mater) in Manhattan then. Our granddaughter who's about Powder Puff's age has one more year of high school left. Her Dad took her to look at colleges during her spring break.

When you're retired, you just do the same boring stuff every day. So my Saturday was the usual -- working around the house, yard, and garage. Plus going for a long walk.

You may think it's boring stuff but 99% of 25 year old guys today wouldn't know how to do most of it. I tell you some of the next generation is in for a world of hurt when they start owning houses and cars that aren't brand new.
:teehee:

Today I pulled seven eggs from my six chickens. Someone's been doubling up lately. Powder Puff and I went for a drive too. Just cruising around the town and thinking about how we won't be doing it for a while.

FetchMeAPepsi May 15th, 2022 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic65 (Post 75708)
I am still plugging away on my 1968 Dodge Charger build. I am so glad I bought 99% of the parts I need prior to COVID, logistics issues, inflation, etc. Parts prices have shot up to crazy high numbers.

I agree 100%. Where's the pictures?