6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Oddball COE GMC (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48567)

bigblockv6 January 3rd, 2015 07:55 PM

Oddball COE GMC

1 Attachment(s)
Can anyone identify this particular model? Looking at the cab it seems to be a 1960-63, the logo on the grille definitely doesn't match that era, could it be a home made job?

GMCDAC January 3rd, 2015 11:51 PM

Re: Oddball COE GMC

That pic has been going around awhile and it has been repeatedly posted on a GMC Trucks page on Facebook with folks trying to find out more info about it. I'm wondering if it isn't a home made job too since no other pics besides this single one have surfaced.

DAC

bigblockv6 January 4th, 2015 12:07 AM

That's where I got this pic from was Facebook, hope someone comes out with a story on it.

ron david January 6th, 2015 02:52 PM

perhaps one of those Argentina made trucks?
They did make the light duty trucks a little different down there. if the did manufacture GMC there. they did make Chevrolet.
that picture has been around for awhile
ron

bigblockv6 January 6th, 2015 04:17 PM

My understanding is this truck is up in Saskatchewan, so most likely it would be Canadian model over one from Argentina.

ron david January 6th, 2015 04:59 PM

I can understand the Saskatchewan thing. Canadian bodies are the same as for the U.S. models except for some of the model badging. where I was coming from on the Argentenian thing was that there bodies were different in ways to ours.Things sometimes move around.
eg. Pacific Truck and Trailer back in the late 59's early 60's built some P9 Pacific trucks(built in N. Vancouver B.C.) for Central America) for John Vala. they were equipped with Duetz engines. They ended up back in Ft.Fraser, B.C. hauling logs for John. Those drivers had to be tough to drive those trucks in winter time at 20 and 30 degrees below 0 with those air cooled eng. That would be just like driving an early VW Beetle in that weather
At the same time someone could have chaged things on that frt end due to an accident and unable to find parts cobbled something together.
ron

6066gmcguy January 7th, 2015 02:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
There is more photos of it, I have two other.

This looks like the same truck but repainter soild red.

I heard it was up for auction in Canada a few years ago.

6066gmcguy January 7th, 2015 02:34 AM

Found It!!! Located In Marshall Saskatchewan, Canada Iron Alley.

6066gmcguy January 7th, 2015 03:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
OK I did a little digging tonight and found the place its at, look at the map I drawed a purple line around it.

bigblockv6 January 7th, 2015 05:21 AM

Thanks for Jolly's pics of this abortion, it is more evident that this truck is a homemade job. Looking at it closely you can see how all the front sheet metal is overlapped and welded together and of course the logo is not correct for that era of trucks