6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   New to the forum... (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51156)

cowboygunner July 3rd, 2021 02:01 PM

New to the forum...

1 Attachment(s)
Admins - thanks for the add. Snagged this hoss a few weeks ago. Thoroughly enjoying it. It has the 351 V-6 (31 years on the last rebuild). Still going strong. Happy to be here. Looks like finding parts is a bit of a challenge.

cowboygunner July 3rd, 2021 02:12 PM

Re: New to the forum...

1 Attachment(s)
Engine...

Funky61 July 3rd, 2021 03:32 PM

Welcome CowBoyGunner!

Beautiful Truck you have there and I like the color and clearance lights too.

Which transmission are you running?

How about some pics of the interior? :welcome:

LEWISMATKIN July 3rd, 2021 03:50 PM

Welcome to the forum, cowboygunner!!!! Great looking truck!!!!

FetchMeAPepsi July 3rd, 2021 04:06 PM

She's a pretty one. The parts can be tough sometimes but most of them are available in nooks and crannies all over. The big deal seems to be finding pistons and rings, but you can find a donor sometimes and just swap the parts or the whole engine and stay pure.

Lets see some more pics!

cowboygunner July 3rd, 2021 10:21 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Thank you everyone! Good to be here! Regarding the tranny, not quite sure yet. Still doing my research. It is a 5-speed manual. Weird shift pattern. Replete with granny first, and reverse is all the way to the right and up. Not sure what series 351, either. Based on what I have read, it appears to be an "E."

Ed Snyder July 3rd, 2021 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboygunner (Post 74277)
Thank you everyone! Good to be here! Regarding the tranny, not quite sure yet. Still doing my research. It is a 5-speed manual. Weird shift pattern. Replete with granny first, and reverse is all the way to the right and up. Not sure what series 351, either. Based on what I have read, it appears to be an "E."

Welcome to the forum! It would appear that your "new" truck has received a major makeover recently. The exterior, interior, and under hood are all too nice to be almost 60 years old. And most '62s have clear front turn signal lenses.

You're probably aware that our light-duty trucks never came with a 5 speed manual. Regarding which engine you have, check out this page from Jolly's site --

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Keep the posts and photos coming!

cowboygunner July 4th, 2021 01:53 AM

Still learning, Ed. Thanks for the info and the link. Much appreciated, sir!

cowboygunner July 4th, 2021 02:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I stand corrected. Looks like it is the standard 351. Should there be a number behind the stamp (serial or engine number)? Just wondering...

cowboygunner July 4th, 2021 02:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This is on the driver's side door. Back when label makers were built to last...