6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   1962 Pickup with 401 (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=51503)

Ed Snyder January 15th, 2023 06:30 AM

1962 Pickup with 401

6 Attachment(s)
I don't know how many forum members are still on here from the early days when Jolly Goodfellow started it in January, 2000. Besides me, two of the early members were Rick Rusconi and Dave "Rusty Nut" Schlager. Rick lived in Elk Grove, CA, and Dave in St. Charles, MO.

Jolly sponsored 5-year and 10-year "Jamborees" for forum members at his house north of Salt Lake City. The attached photos show Rick's awesome '62 pickup at the 5-year gathering in 2005. He had replaced the original 305D with a 401M, and had the truck repainted in the original colors.

The fifth photo shows the group of guys who attended the 5-year Jamboree. Rick is the one leaning on his hood on the far right. My son Andy is standing next to him. I'm kneeling in front of Andy, and Dave is kneeling next to me. Jolly is the big guy in the middle of the group.

A couple of years ago Rick decided to sell his '62 to Dave who drove it cross-country to Missouri. And then Dave decided a couple of months ago to pass it on to the next owner. We reached an agreement, and the truck is now in my garage. Andy and I will be co-owners. The final photo shows the '62 in my garage as of this evening. I had it transported in an enclosed trailer, not wanting to risk the exposure of over 2,000 miles of winter weather.

Andy plans to move from LA to Roseburg, OR, in June. Once he settles in, the truck will take its place in his new garage.

GMCNUT January 15th, 2023 05:07 PM

Re: 1962 Pickup with 401

Super love that one Ed! Beautiful truck - I hope to eventually own one that looks as nice as that one day

GMCNUT January 15th, 2023 05:10 PM

Wish someone would sell me a sweet perfect rear bumper like this truck has - a few varieties of these exist, like the Sports Liner and Smash Hit varieties, but you simply cannot find one without welding, cutting, rust, extra holes drilled or some evidence of its work life messing up its straightness for repainting and making nice. If anyone reads this and has something that survived the above abuses, I would love to know

Sonic65 January 15th, 2023 07:06 PM

Nice pictures. I have been a member since 2003 when this group was on Yahoo Group's. I have gotten a lot of (and still do) useful information all these years.

John

Jim A January 16th, 2023 05:10 PM

Nice!
I had to go back and look at GMCNUT's new truck from a few days ago to make sure they were not the same. Twins, perhaps.
I have had my '60 for 53 years now and was an early or mid-range member of Jolly's group. I almost made one of the Jamborees, but had a last minute conflict.
There have been changes, of course, but it is really good to see the level of interest continue.

WE7X January 17th, 2023 07:08 AM

Great pictures of those beauties!:coolphotos:
I was lucky enough to attend the meeting in Oregon a few years ago.
I sold my big V6 powered motor home (still shown on Jolly's old list of "Powered by GMC V6" ). The stiff clutch was just getting to be too much for me at my age.
The extra 478M engines are gone, so I have no need for the very heavy duty engine stand. It is a slightly older version of the current OTC 'Motor-Rotor'
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-1735B
Rod Johnson
P.S. I am still selling the occasional Buick HEI conversion bushing kit ( about 1 per month), so there is still demand for these old motors

GMCNUT January 19th, 2023 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonic65 (Post 76564)
Nice pictures. I have been a member since 2003 when this group was on Yahoo Group's. I have gotten a lot of (and still do) useful information all these years.

John

Wish I had kept up with when I joined the yahoo groups one under Jolly. Don't know if that detail is still floating out on the web or if you just have to have a good memory. Mine and your page here only shows when it transitioned to this format in 2013. I feel as you do - gained a ton of info and knowledge over all these years and still learning from our most senior members

GMC_Dude January 20th, 2023 04:03 PM

That a clean truck Ed. I don't post much but I'm still here from the Jolly days. I still own my 66 I1000.

Darrell Hein
San Antonio

TimC January 22nd, 2023 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful truck Ed. I'm happy to see that the truck has been kept in the family, so to speak. I don't post here often, but I too came over from the YAHOO! day's. I still lurk here often. I don't know if you remember, but you came down to Medford to bring me the thermostat crossover for my '67 305E. I'm so glad this group is still here, so much useful information you can't find anywhere else. I too fled CA a few years back, and now happily live free in So. UT. Maybe Jolly would do a 25 year gathering? I'd be up for that! :cheers:

Ed Snyder January 22nd, 2023 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimC (Post 76590)
Beautiful truck Ed. I'm happy to see that the truck has been kept in the family, so to speak. I don't post here often, but I too came over from the YAHOO! day's. I still lurk here often. I don't know if you remember, but you came down to Medford to bring me the thermostat crossover for my '67 305E. I'm so glad this group is still here, so much useful information you can't find anywhere else. I too fled CA a few years back, and now happily live free in So. UT. Maybe Jolly would do a 25 year gathering? I'd be up for that! :cheers:

Good to hear from you, Tim. Congratulations on being able to escape from California! Lots of people are doing that nowadays. I'd be up for a 25 year gathering too. That gives Jolly two years to get ready for it.

I like your '67 -- my favorite year for our V6 powered pickups.