6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "Patina Trucks" in the group (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48247)

pilotguy1050 October 5th, 2015 09:33 PM

Re: "Patina Trucks" in the group

Thanks! It has always been an awesome truck. Dad refused to use less than an 8-ft blade. Anything less he felt just dumped the snow under the whhels if slanted, and the plow was useless if legt straight, the only way to not drive over the snow you were pushing. But a six foot blade was only as wide ss the truck... So i agree with him on needing an 8-ft blade.

The tores/wheels were to go on an ild Dodge Piwer wagon, but they will look great on this truck.

Walys60 October 6th, 2015 09:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
This was my grandfather's pickup. He bought it used from a buddy of his at the Post Office where he worked in Phoenix in '62. By that point his buddy had put a camper in and panted over the original cape blue with white to match the white camper. You can see the old color coming through the white nowa days.

I do plan on restoring it but thought this would be a good place for it (patina trucks) till I get the building put up that I'll be working on it in. Spent 2 years in red tape with the county so far. fingers crossed and prayers answered I'll have the building permit next week. It's a kit steel building (30x50) and has been sitting on a trailer next to the house for those 2 years.

Anywho, already talked about paint with 1960HDGMC (awesome guy by the way) and it will end up pretty similar to that (I hope). Generally looking to go as original as possible with it but being white most of its life and the cape blue having been my grandmother's favorite color, I figured on going the two tone with it. At least that was an original available option anyway.

Well, I love talking about it so I know I've already droned on enough for now. Love the forum all! Thanks for letting me join!

surfamtn October 10th, 2015 02:56 AM

Love me some patina

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noahr63 December 25th, 2015 10:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Since im new ill post my truck in here as well as she fits tight in to the patina group. She is a 63 with the 305e backed up with a four speed. Say hello to sarah lee. She was a farm truck for most of her life as her battle scares show. A recent carb rebuild and she runs really well. I am missing pieces of the heating system and she needs new shocks however she is pretty straight and mostly origional. I have all of the split rims and two of the hub caps as well as an oil bath air breather.

GMCNUT December 26th, 2015 06:45 PM

Welcome aboard Noah! Terrace Blue is one of the best colors you could get in 63, and no one ever seems to match it right when they do repaints, so glad to see yours still wearing that great color. Something I always thought was neat that you can see in your interior pictures is how GMC hand brushed the inside door jambs with the exterior color where Chevrolet stopped its exterior paint farther back at the edge. Not sure why they did that, but its an important difference to be sure to recreate if ever doing a historically correct re-paint on a GMC. Great truck - thanks for sharing

kaneerarchery December 27th, 2015 04:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My truck and my two helpers.
Randy Kaneer

mikkelkendall January 16th, 2016 03:53 AM

I got 4 lil helpers from 5 to 9 3girls and a boy on my big 68 Gmc k6500 stepside 305c big block v6 5.0L

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Boomerswany April 14th, 2016 04:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, New to the forum. Here's a look at my 65. I prefer rough and original over shiny and untouchable.

Semocoachworks April 25th, 2016 05:49 AM

4 Attachment(s)

Here is our 62. It is a salmon( pink) color, my wife loves it. We got it to haul our saint Bernards around in and it will be labeled for our beekeeping and honey business. It still wears it's original paint.

GMCDAC April 25th, 2016 06:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Welcome from Rapid City. I sure wanted that truck when it was on CL a couple years ago. Glad it went to someone that will keep it a real GMC!

DAC

Semocoachworks April 25th, 2016 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 61584)
Welcome from Rapid City. I sure wanted that truck when it was on CL a couple years ago. Glad it went to someone that will keep it a real GMC!

DAC

Hi fellow Rapid Citian! Couldn't pass it up. I too tried to buy it a few years ago and they backed out on selling it. Seen it and snagged it immediately this time!

GMCDAC April 25th, 2016 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Semocoachworks (Post 61587)
Hi fellow Rapid Citian! Couldn't pass it up. I too tried to buy it a few years ago and they backed out on selling it. Seen it and snagged it immediately this time!

Hello, Monday's my day off work so I'm able to stop in again! I resisted the urge to persue your 'burb when it first came up, couldn't come up with the cash, and I need to get another one back on the road first. I did post a link to the sale here in this forum but I don't know if any of the members checked on it. If I remember right the first time was $1200 then the second time it was listed was $1900. Both good prices in my opinion, but it sounds like the seller wasn't all that serious in letting it go back then? It must have been listed again recently?

Congrats on the score, and thanks for saving a V-6 GMC! Lots of knowledgable folks here for any help you may need.

DAC

Semocoachworks April 26th, 2016 02:27 AM

The first time I found it, it was $2400, 2 or 3 years ago. Seller had remorse and couldn't let it go. This time it popped up on Facebook and I gave him 10 crisp $100 dollar bills. Same guy had it last 15 years. He said motor was seized up and gave me another 305 with hogshead, flywheel, double pulleys and boxes of other parts. I hauled it home and threw a battery in , poured a little gas down the carb and it fired right up. Not sure why he thought it was seized. Got my slave cylinder on today and bled and took my first short drive. Tcase isn't even overly noisy yet! My wife said she would give up one of our novas if it ever came to having to make a choice. Never thought I'd hear that! The suburban will look nice next to my 63 Chevy stepside longbox 4x4!

GMCDAC April 26th, 2016 04:01 AM

I would say you got a smokin' deal on that truck! Nice he finally decided it needed to go to someone that would use and appreciate it. Sounds like you have some real nice rides! Are you taking any of them to the G3 hot rod show Saturday? It's a fundraiser for B.H. Childrens Home where my wife is a teacher. I'm not much of a show guy but I told her we would take the old beater '55 GMC---weather permitting, sounds like it may be wet.

DAC

Semocoachworks April 26th, 2016 04:12 AM

It all depends on if I have to work or not. I have some equipment that I only get on the weekends. If I can, I'll be there. That's at grubas out on West Chicago? G3 rods?

GMCDAC April 27th, 2016 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yeah, here's the flyer. My main reason for not being a "show guy" is because it's the most productive time to get something done for us at home! Right now it sounds like a high in the 40's and rain---that's a bit warmer than today! The '55 can still go out in such weather, but don't know how much of a turnout there could be.

DAC

Semocoachworks April 27th, 2016 12:45 AM

I won't know until Thursday whether I get the equipment this weekend or not. Thanks for sharing the flyer.