6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Other Rides and Projects (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ugly 75 Plymouth (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=47771)

BarryGMC September 13th, 2013 07:42 PM

Ugly 75 Plymouth

6 Attachment(s)
Here is the ugliest car I own. Its so ugly its almost cute. This car came with a house I bought from an estate last year. As a lark I told the trustee to throw in the car, and at first she said no can do. Right before closing the attorney called and said they cant find the keys. They dont want to deal with it. A few months later a set of keys were found above the man door to the garage. Problem solved. This car is a one owner car with 35,229 miles. Slant 6, ac, at, ps. The back seat belts appear to never been used. Its surprising the comments you get when driving this crappy green colored sedan . I really don't know what to do with this car. So I will probably just put it on ice for a few years, cause when was the last time anyone saw a 75 plymouth valiant custom with this kind of mileage and needing nothing. Barry

David R Leifheit September 13th, 2013 10:05 PM

Re: Ugly 75 Plymouth

Ugly?
No way.
I bought a '72 Dart (similar body style) off a drunk driver's uncle (the driver wrecked one too many times and was in jail, didn't need the car). *Now* that was an ugly car as every body panel had some kind of dent. BUT it ran well and got me to work every day.

My wife says that looks exactly like her mother's old 4-door Dodge Dart, also a '75. Of course it would look similar as Dart = Valiant, same body.

Hey, if you don't want it... I could always use another car. :)

BarryGMC September 13th, 2013 10:29 PM

Its the Green I dont like. If you want it shoot me a pm.

BarryGMC July 18th, 2014 04:21 PM

Update on the valiant. Its been the daily driver for the better half. The AC is the real reason. The boy has grabbed the jeep its easier on gas and his job takes him all over out of town. He is the grunt on a framing crew.

David R Leifheit July 19th, 2014 02:07 AM

heh heh.

I'm still waiting to hear back from Spokane County and Spokane Falls... I interviewed with both of them for Building Inspector/Plans Examiner positions.

Although... its been a while so no news is probably not hired (even though the ads are still up).

It would have meant trying to move my fleet (and spare parts) to that area if not selling most of it off. Oh well...
I'd have been in your area though... could have fed each others GMC habits and annoyed the wives.
<grin>

FetchMeAPepsi July 19th, 2014 03:18 PM

That's not ugly, that's my brother :lol:

It looks like a regular 70's car but that interior is something else. And no rips or tears in the outside headliner either. Id say you scored big time getting that for freeeeeeeEEEE!

(Sorry but anytime I fall into a deal like that I hear Rob Shneider saying "For Freeeee! Makes me chuckle every time)

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

src="https://

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

BarryGMC July 19th, 2014 06:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey David keep trying. I have been to your area and its nice. But I think Spokane must have the highest per capita old truck ownership of any place I have been. I know of dozens of 60-66 GMC trucks.still used as old pickups.
I realized I did not put a pic of the Plymouth slant six. So hear are a few.

David R Leifheit July 19th, 2014 09:25 PM

I have been all over Washington for interviews.
It was the mention of your son doing framing that made me chuckle a bit. If they hired me, I could be affecting his job... by inspecting or doing plan review.
Then thinking about the places we looked to live, if I did get hired there, that have shops or space to put a shop...
Not only could we annoy our wives, but...

Gee Dave, if I -give- you this part, do you think you could lift the stop work order so my kid can get back to work?

Heh heh heh heh.
Just an odd thought that ran through my mind. Gotta keep a sense of humor these days, not enough money to work on my trucks and not having the best of luck getting information back from these job interviews.

turbobill July 19th, 2014 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BarryGMC (Post 50263)
Its the Green I dont like.

The green is the best part. At least back then, one could pick from 15 or so colors and combinations (interiors too). Today everything is the same five colors and interiors are stuck on various shades of grey or black. For 40 plus grand, you can have something that looks like everybody elses.

One vehicle in a parking lot looks like every other vehicle in the parking lot.

BarryGMC September 21st, 2014 01:42 AM

Well the old valient has traveled a 1000 miles in the last few months. One 300 mile road trip and a lot of town driving. Its averaged 21 MPG and has worked perfectly. Drive them old rigs. Its fun. Barry