6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Thanksgiving (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50485)

AZKen November 22nd, 2018 09:57 PM

Re: Thanksgiving

I believe that Religion and Politics should not be discussed at the Thanksgiving table. Just a reminder to keep the pushing of any agendas like: religious, cultural, gender orientation, race or political, out of 6066GMCCLUB...... (and possibly dinner :)). You will always offend otherwise. Everyone should know that by now. "Happy Thanksgiving" was enough to express good wishes to members. Like everyone else did.

Have a good one Dave and Lewis.

Quigley November 23rd, 2018 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKen (Post 70158)
I believe that Religion and Politics should not be discussed at the Thanksgiving table. Just a reminder to keep the pushing of any agendas like: religious, cultural, gender orientation, race or political, out of 6066GMCCLUB...... (and possibly dinner :)). You will always offend otherwise. Everyone should know that by now. "Happy Thanksgiving" was enough to express good wishes to members. Like everyone else did.

Have a good one Dave and Lewis.

AZken, Thank you for schooling me on your opinion. I will be sure and check with you before posting anything again. I made the mistake of thinking general discussion meant just that. Please forgive me I am not up on what is politically correct and will pass your test. Your humble servant Dave

AZKen November 23rd, 2018 01:19 AM

If you think that what Lewis posted is general discussion, you do need schooling. It's not a political correctness issue. It's way deeper than that. I tried to explain it but you are stuck in a rut. Post anything you want. But don't be surprised if sometimes there are other perspectives. You are the one who doubled down.

Quigley November 23rd, 2018 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKen (Post 70162)
If you think that what Lewis posted is general discussion, you do need schooling. And it's not a political correctness issue. It's way deeper than that. I tried to explain it but you are stuck in a rut.

Oh I get it and would explain it to you if I thought it was productive. We all have free will to believe what we want. I wish you well in whatever your beliefs are. I'm not in a rut, I'm sitting in my recliner with a full belly. Tomorrow I'm going to cling to my God & Guns and start getting used to saying Merry Christmas. Sincerely, Dave. Ps you are the one who started this and I will always double down on truth. I am done.

BillT November 23rd, 2018 04:40 AM

I was going to stay out of this one, but feel the need to say. Is thanking God against the rules here on these boards? If so, we need to know it. If not, I'll say what I have said on other boards when the need arises. If someone doesn't like what we are talking about, just don't click on it.

AZKen November 23rd, 2018 05:27 AM

I hope someone out there gets what I'm saying about a specific post, before more words are put in my mouth and the subject is changed to not thanking God, God and Guns and saying Merry Christmas. This fake news stuff won't get it boys. Nice try. I said nothing about you, or to you, Bill. There is no "we" and us and them. I click where I want to click.

BillT November 23rd, 2018 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKen (Post 70170)
before more words are put in my mouth

You obviously reacted when it became Religious for some reason.

Your own words:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKen (Post 70152)
It's not a "religious" Holiday like "Christmas". You can "pray" or be with family or give thanks or watch Football. It can be a "secular" occasion. This is a GMC Truck Site. Not a "pulpit".

I'm not putting ANY words in your mouth.

Quote:

There is no "we" and us and them.

Yes there is. There is "Us" Christians and then there is another who is reacting to it.

Quote:

I click where I want to click.

Sure you can. It is your right to click to where you want to click. But don't expect it to be the way "you" want to be without some resistance if others have different beliefs.

One of my favorite sayings: Live and Let Live.

FetchMeAPepsi November 23rd, 2018 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKen (Post 70158)
I believe...

Ken, you know I appreciate your help here, but the second you said "I believe" you did the exact same thing you jumped on Lewis for.

I personally believe you need some Jesus, but jumping on others for saying they're thankful for Jesus is uncalled for. Let him be thankful for Jesus, that bald idiot Buddah, the other incestuous idiot Muhammad, or any of the other monsters that aren't Jesus. I don't care.

But I'll be danged if i'm going to jump on any American for expressing their thankfulness grounded in our Christian roots. The country could use 1000% more Jesus and a lot less back-biting. We used to be so good when 90% of the country was practicing Christian. Look at us now! Breaks my heart to see what we had then vs. where we're at now.

And to top it off I think PC nonsense like that is making it so much worse by preventing us from talking to each other at all. Nothing fills that hole in your soul like Jesus. You can try to fill it with anger, money, drugs, booze, or women. It never works long term.

Ed Snyder November 23rd, 2018 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 70172)
I think PC nonsense like that is making it so much worse by preventing us from talking to each other at all. Nothing fills that hole in your soul like Jesus. You can try to fill it with anger, money, drugs, booze, or women. It never works long term.

Well said, Fetch!

AZKen November 23rd, 2018 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 70172)
Ken, you know I appreciate your help here, but the second you said "I believe" you did the exact same thing you jumped on Lewis for.

I personally believe you need some Jesus, but jumping on others for saying they're thankful for Jesus is uncalled for. Let him be thankful for Jesus, that bald idiot Buddah, the other incestuous idiot Muhammad, or any of the other monsters that aren't Jesus. I don't care.

But I'll be danged if i'm going to jump on any American for expressing their thankfulness grounded in our Christian roots. The country could use 1000% more Jesus and a lot less back-biting. We used to be so good when 90% of the country was practicing Christian. Look at us now!
Breaks my heart to see what we had then vs. where we're at now.

And to top it off I think PC nonsense like that is making it so much worse by preventing us from talking to each other at all. Nothing fills that hole in your soul like Jesus. You can try to fill it with anger, money, drugs, booze, or women. It never works long term.

Ok I get it now. My bad. We are a Christian group and we bash and insult all others. We decide who is Christian and who is not. We denigrate their spiritual beings with hateful names. We tell people they have a hole in their souls and somehow women are used to fill it, but they are just as worthless as drugs and booze. We defend anyone who wants to preach an interpretation to us on the back side of saying Happy Thanksgiving as long as they invoke Jesus. If you try and explain that pushing agendas is offensive to some, we persecute them into hades. You are all making my point better than I ever could. Bless us all.