6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Weird Times (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=50831)

Quigley April 5th, 2020 06:08 PM

Weird Times

How is everybody doing out there. Just wondering how everyone is doing with the current situation. Here in Iowa there hasn't been a stay at home order, but I am and I think most folks are. No virus at all yet in my county. Been getting a few things done on my 62. Hope your all doing well. God Bless. Dave

FetchMeAPepsi April 5th, 2020 06:29 PM

Re: Weird Times

We locked down tighter than (insert tighter than joke here) back on Feb 29th and haven't left the house since. Thankfully I stock up on stuff all the time so we were prepared. The news reports were conflicting early on so we erred on the side of caution. Now I'm glad we did.

People are still running around here like nothing's wrong. "It's some big media conspiracy theory" or "it's just the flu, bro!".

My oldest works in a clinic during the week and the hospital on the weekend though, so we know better. I doubt we'll actually leave for groceries or anything else until August. The only things we're getting in now are deliveries, and they all get lysoled reall well before we handle them.

Sadly, I just bought a house before this started. So I've been working on it and puttering around, making bread, and enjoying time with the family. It's been raining every day practically since lockdown too, so no chance to crawl under Cecilia and see how bad I've broken her. Soon though!

Coyote, if you're still around, we've been praying for you and the fence post. Hope you're safe and locked down!

And the rest of you guys stay safe out there. This isn't the flu, and it isn't harmless.

George Bongert April 6th, 2020 12:07 PM

Greetings to all!

We in Wisconsin are under a "safer at home" order. Travel is restricted to essential needs only, such as a trip to the grocery store or pharmacy, and banking business, or a medical emergency. The lobby at my Credit Union is closed with drive up window service only being available. All medical appointments have been cancelled in favor of phone or skype visits only, to protect both healthcare providers and patients. Gas prices have dropped from $2.50 per gallon to $1.30 per gallon. Didn't think that I would ever see gas prices that low again in my lifetime. Most businesses (that are considered essential) are operating on reduced hours, and our main street looks like a scene from the Twilight Zone. Out side of all of that, I'm doing well (so far) and leaving home only to get groceries or other essential needs. Well, I think you get the picture. Our world and our life has been turned upside down.

Thank you very much CHINA, for giving us this wonderful (I'm being sarcastic) and deadly gift of CORONA VIRUS!!

tbucketnut April 6th, 2020 08:35 PM

Dave,
We have been on lock down up here in Washington State since the 14th of March, expect to go through at least until May 4th. We had some of the first cases in the US here coming into Seatac Airport, then a large outbreak in a nursing home north of Seattle. Our death toll is over 330 souls here in my state. This is nothing to be sneezed at for sure. Luckily I've been able to get a lot of needed work in the garage on my 64 GMC. It makes me forget for awhile of the horrible state of affairs that people all over the world are dealing with. God Bless you all.

OdieTN April 7th, 2020 01:49 AM

We’re under safer at home order in TN, also statewide in Mississippi (we are right on the border of MS here in Memphis). I feel very fortunate to be in engineering and construction and considered essential so I am able to work. Trying my best to be very careful, wash hands often, and not get close to the kids when I get home. Prayers to all that are out of work, quarantined or otherwise affected by this nasty little virus. Stay healthy everyone!

jmfurgason April 8th, 2020 09:45 PM

Stay home alert here in New Mexico. Wish all the best ,chin up till we get thru this.My heart and emotions go out to all who have or may loose a loved one. Be safe ! JMF