6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   Builds and Journals (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build. (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=48773)

TJ's GMC April 21st, 2018 05:44 AM

Re: 1964 GMC "crustine" semi-build.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 69056)
Looks good TJ! Is that pockets in the front? Our trucks could sure use some more storage for pens and such.

Yuppers! Decently deep to as it holds a quart of oil no problem if needed. :upyes:

GMCDAC April 21st, 2018 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 69055)
With my new job being 30 miles away and 10 hours a day....Crustine is now an evening/weekend driver. Man do I miss driving the old truck every day of the week, but I was in major need of a job change as well. Super happy with the new one by the way(and the paychecks. :teehee:).
Anyhow...the seat cover that was given to me as a gift about 3 years ago was just to torn up to be on the seat any longer. Found this one and it arrived today. Have to say I am pleased with the quality of it.

Looks real nice! Where did you get that seat cover TJ? My '72 GMC will be needing a new one pretty soon. I guess that has to happen every 20 years or so!

DAC

TJ's GMC April 24th, 2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMCDAC (Post 69072)
Looks real nice! Where did you get that seat cover TJ? My '72 GMC will be needing a new one pretty soon. I guess that has to happen every 20 years or so!

DAC

Found it on Ebay. Seller has a fair amount of color choices to. :upyes:

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

TJ's GMC April 24th, 2018 05:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Went to a local car show last Saturday and came home with this awesome train horn kit for the truck. 152 decibels so I should be able to create some racket! haha Gonna be fun!

GMCDAC April 26th, 2018 03:29 AM

Thanks for the link TJ! I will check them out.

DAC

aphaynes August 18th, 2018 05:12 AM

Rolling back in time to your magnum manifold, where did you find one? I have been searching the internet like crazy and no listings anywhere...that I can find.

TJ's GMC August 18th, 2018 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aphaynes (Post 69550)
Rolling back in time to your magnum manifold, where did you find one? I have been searching the internet like crazy and no listings anywhere...that I can find.

A member here sold one to me quite awhile back, they are very scarce to find without the rest of the motor attached for $1500 these days. :banghead:

TJ's GMC December 8th, 2018 04:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Been awhile since an update about Crustine again. Well she is still at home and I've moved away. About 3 months ago I moved 260 miles north to work at Union Pacific railroad. Been driving locomotives and playing with 11,000+ cubic inch v12's and v16's. Cool stuff....and nothing sounds as good as an EMD! lol
Anyhow....so the start of a career has taken me away from my two trucks, but I'm working on getting Crustine up here pretty soon.

Funky61 December 8th, 2018 06:54 PM

Well at least Crustine's not lonesome and has some company!
Congratulations on the Job and New opportunities TJ. :upyes::thumbsup:

FetchMeAPepsi December 10th, 2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 70280)
Been awhile since an update about Crustine again. Well she is still at home and I've moved away. About 3 months ago I moved 260 miles north to work at Union Pacific railroad. Been driving locomotives and playing with 11,000+ cubic inch v12's and v16's. Cool stuff....and nothing sounds as good as an EMD! lol
Anyhow....so the start of a career has taken me away from my two trucks, but I'm working on getting Crustine up here pretty soon.

Electromagnetic Dynamo? What's an EMD?

Congrats on the new Job! Hope it pays well and lets you pamper Crustine :rowdybeer: Sounds like it's a blast!

TJ's GMC December 19th, 2018 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 70281)
Well at least Crustine's not lonesome and has some company!
Congratulations on the Job and New opportunities TJ. :upyes::thumbsup:

Thanks man!
Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 70289)
Electromagnetic Dynamo? What's an EMD?

Congrats on the new Job! Hope it pays well and lets you pamper Crustine :rowdybeer: Sounds like it's a blast!

EMD stands for Electro-motive diesel.
Thanks! It pays decent as of now....better pay in the future for sure. Can be stressful and I'm out in sucky weather alot right now. But a good career none the less.

TJ's GMC December 8th, 2019 02:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Been awhile since my last post on here. Life has been absolutely Nuts. Work at the railroad was great till 4000+ of us got laid off due to b.s. politics and the "know it alls." Anyhow! Enjoyed almost a full year then and gained alot of experience and a few good buddies as well. Luckily Crustine never made it all the way up there and I didn't have to worry about getting her back Down. Good to be back with her though.....and acquired a nice 99 dodge with a cummins while I was up there. Been enjoying the 18-21 mpg's out of a 3/4 ton truck ever since! :thumbsup:

Nothing to update on Crustine other than she's been the best dern truck I've ever owned and I finally fixed the emergency brake after years of owning it. Still purrs away everyday but it's time for some more love to go into that truck.
Needs alot of mechanical redone as I've driven it the way it is for a few years. SO.....soon as I get the 66 chev done with it's resto Crustine is next for a project plan. I'm not positive what's gonna happen, but I'm thinking of getting an 89-93 Dodge W250 single cab and body swapping so I can have 4wd and diesel power. I know I'll then be a heathen to the group, but you can guarantee the v6 will find a home in another truck of the future.

Anyhow....long post so I'll catch up with yall later.

tbucketnut December 8th, 2019 04:45 AM

Sorry to here of the misfortune of getting laid off. Wishing you all the best with some good luck through the holiday season. Keep in touch.

Steve

TJ's GMC January 26th, 2020 10:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
After some 5 years of owning this truck I finally spent a whole 6 dollors and fixed my cig lighter. Bought a universal from Napa and was able to utilize the stock harness. Been able to charge my phone and whatever else now. Now to make a phone mount for gps advantages. :thumbsup:

tbucketnut January 26th, 2020 11:24 PM

Check your wiring looks like the old element got really hot, hate to see Crustine burn up.

TJ's GMC January 28th, 2020 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbucketnut (Post 72014)
Check your wiring looks like the old element got really hot, hate to see Crustine burn up.

I did double check the harness, by the looks of the old setup I think someone put the cig lighter back in to far and melted it.

TJ's GMC August 5th, 2021 05:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Well a bit has happened since my last update. I just got done redoing all the brakes. Did wheel cylinders, hoses, springs, pads, and drums. Old brakes were shot. Also did a new booster and master cylinder. Finally put on these bumper guards I bought for the truck a few years ago and forgot I had. Also long overdue but I got a spare valve cover painted so I could run a pcv setup as well.

Ed Snyder August 5th, 2021 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 74452)
Well a bit has happened since my last update. I just got done redoing all the brakes. Did wheel cylinders, hoses, springs, pads, and drums. Old brakes were shot. Also did a new booster and master cylinder. Finally put on these bumper guards I bought for the truck a few years ago and forgot I had. Also long overdue but I got a spare valve cover painted so I could run a pcv setup as well.

Good to see you're making progress again, Tom! Keep up the good work.

Funky61 August 5th, 2021 01:58 PM

Bumper guards are looking good!

FetchMeAPepsi August 5th, 2021 03:12 PM

Dadgum TJ that paint looks goooooood!

TJ's GMC August 6th, 2021 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 74453)
Good to see you're making progress again, Tom! Keep up the good work.

Thanks Ed! I'll have to drop by again sometime if ya don't mind. It's been all to long since I came and saw ya.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 74454)
Bumper guards are looking good!

Thanks!
Quote:

Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi (Post 74455)
Dadgum TJ that paint looks goooooood!

Thanks! Yeah the green is a nice color and different but actually seems fitting haha If I ever restore the truck then I'll go back to red I think as I have chrome valve covers to use at some point.

TJ's GMC August 7th, 2021 08:20 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Couple more updates. Finally installed my wiper delay switch and I will say that's a must have for sure! Also installed the newly painted valve cover and am gonna order a breather to use for the pcv setup. More parts showing up today so hopefully I'll have some updates.

TJ's GMC August 8th, 2021 02:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well some parts for my 66 chevy and this truck showed up today. Just ordered some arm rests for now to add some comforts and it's a neat option to have. Ordered an Ash tray and a choke cable to match the factory knobs. Looking for the heater control assembly if anyone has a source.

Prowbar August 20th, 2021 06:16 PM

Looking good! Have watched all your videos on Crustine on Youtube to convince myself I needed one too! Thanks a bunch!

TJ's GMC December 3rd, 2021 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prowbar (Post 74505)
Looking good! Have watched all your videos on Crustine on Youtube to convince myself I needed one too! Thanks a bunch!

Thanks! haha Yeah, I haven't uploaded onto youtube for awhile. Wifi sucks where I live and getting videos on the net started taking to long. If my town ever comes out of pre-historic internet that'll be a miracle. :teehee: