6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club

6066 (1960-1966) GMC Truck Club (https://6066gmcclub.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (https://6066gmcclub.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Burb survivor (https://6066gmcclub.com/showthread.php?t=49427)

Rustbucket June 9th, 2016 01:53 AM

Burb survivor

hey jeannie this might be a good one for the archives:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172229360235?redirect=mobile

TJ's GMC June 9th, 2016 03:05 AM

Re: Burb survivor

That's nice! Seems to have a 351E instead of a 305E like the poster says.

Funky61 June 9th, 2016 03:17 PM

First time I've seen a complete AIR smog pump system on the V6. Nice Looking suburban. So are the leaf springs an option?

Ed Snyder June 9th, 2016 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funky61 (Post 62212)
First time I've seen a complete AIR smog pump system on the V6. Nice Looking suburban. So are the leaf springs an option?

I had to laugh, Henry, when the seller claimed "rare" leaf spring rear suspension. From 1963 on, all the GMCs came with rear leaves. He seems a little confused on a few things, calling it a Chevrolet in a couple of places, and saying it's a 305 when his own photo of the ID plate says it's a 351. And his claim that it's "likely the nicest original in the country" is definitely a stretch. I saw an unrestored '66 Burb that was way nicer than this one at a show a few years ago. And if I saw one, there are probably others somewhere in the country too that are nicer. My own '62 is in better shape than this eBay one.

AZKen June 10th, 2016 12:04 AM

Dealer installed A/C but none of it is there? What? Isn't that the same thing as "It doesn't have A/C" ? Anyway, I thought they had funky on-dash vents then? I did get a 305 motor from CA with that same smog pump in a parts box. I think it was a CA thing for sure. It's not bad, if he really does have a bid at 17K, he should take it now. Right now.

Thanks to Rustbucket, sounds like we are bashing his intent. Not meant to. It IS a good one for the archives.

Funky61 June 10th, 2016 12:40 AM

Yes on the Archives-Keeper remarks. It has great photos of the floor that I need. I did not realize there was such gap (step area) on the passenger side.

TJ's GMC June 10th, 2016 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AZKen (Post 62220)
Dealer installed A/C but none of it is there? What? Isn't that the same thing as "It doesn't have A/C" ? Anyway, I thought they had funky on-dash vents then? I did get a 305 motor from CA with that same smog pump in a parts box. I think it was a CA thing for sure. It's not bad, if he really does have a bid at 17K, he should take it now. Right now.

Thanks to Rustbucket, sounds like we are bashing his intent. Not meant to. It IS a good one for the archives.

I don't even see a place on the dash for A/C controls. Has the heat knobs and that's it.

TJ's GMC June 10th, 2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ed Snyder (Post 62219)
I had to laugh, Henry, when the seller claimed "rare" leaf spring rear suspension. From 1963 on, all the GMCs came with rear leaves. He seems a little confused on a few things, calling it a Chevrolet in a couple of places, and saying it's a 305 when his own photo of the ID plate says it's a 351. And his claim that it's "likely the nicest original in the country" is definitely a stretch. I saw an unrestored '66 Burb that was way nicer than this one at a show a few years ago. And if I saw one, there are probably others somewhere in the country too that are nicer. My own '62 is in better shape than this eBay one.

Anything to make it sell right for a higher price right? lol

David R Leifheit June 10th, 2016 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJ's GMC (Post 62228)
I don't even see a place on the dash for A/C controls. Has the heat knobs and that's it.

Because:
*Dealer installed A/C (missing compressor and underdash unit)

It would have been an underdash unit, totally self contained. All controls on the unit.
Basically what the ad says is it -had- A/C but had been removed.
Or it never had A/C since none of the system is there... so how could anyone tell?

AZKen June 11th, 2016 12:26 AM

Even if they could tell from mounting holes, what value did it add to the ad and what value does it add to the truck? If he has original dealer paper work showing purchase/installation of Air, that's kind of good. If not, any under dash unit could have been there during any era of it's life. Done by PO.

As said, probably a good old honest guy with little knowledge of vintage trucks. Translation: stole it from a widow neighbor!
As you can tell, this is a dealer.