View Single Post
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:26 PM

Truck: Shopping for a 1960-61 4x4
Jeannie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yahoo Groups Alternative

There are a few of us here who enjoy working with the "Twin Sixs". Many of them are retired/discarded irrigation engines.
Several of us have grafted them into other applications for preservation, education, and pure fun in driving our "Self-propelled display stands" and showing them to those who never knew such a beast existed.
Jolly and all members here have been very open minded in accepting us, helping us, and offering support and info. Yes, now we know how the "Black Sheep of the family" feels sometimes until our goals are known.
I agree with those who want to keep this site focused on the V6&V12s, as it's been said. We have something that is of historical value to GMC history, and since they are unique and threatened with the plight of the dinasaur, we need to hold our focus on them, and recognize they have been used in many different ways. I think all of us take pride in all V6s &V12s, and realized the privelege of owning one.
The unique pickups, as I understand with the original I6, that wintin itself is different, but still GMC produced and marketed, so I feel there will be a place found for all of us thru the efforts of Jolly, Jennie, and others who are making this transition. It shows GMCs ability to see the need for work horses, then design and build what will do the job at different times.
So again, thanks to Jolly and all here for letting us share a little corner of your world, and pursue our goals.
Thanks for the great job you're doing.

Cayoterun
Marvin, Okla