Thread: Sad News
View Single Post
Old August 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM

Truck: 1960 GMC 1000 Fenderside Long Bed 2WD 305A 3-Speed
GMC Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Sad News

I'm no expert on websites or the internet but to bring everyone up to date on developments as I've investigated them, the 6066GMCGuy.org domain name was snapped up yesterday by Domain Admin, PrivacyProtect.org out of Nobby Beach, Queensland, AU. That would be the bad news.

The good news is there are two other sites that appear to be owned by another person that link to a complete functioning copy of the 6066gmcguy.org website from December 2011. According to Jolly, this site is owned by "the same person that is running the Forum" which would be Jeanie I assume? You can access the information by going to http://6066gmcguy.com and clicking "Go to the information site" or go directly to the site at http://6066gmcclub.com/gmcguy/index.php.

I had plans to reprise the entire website, crediting Jolly as founder and creator and then making a long term project out of cleaning up broken links, fixing other errors and maybe improve navigation. I can still undertake this project using my own domain name, but my primary concern, as I'm sure it is with everyone else, is to preserve the wealth of information we have and continue to add to it going forward.

Should anyone have comments or suggestions on how to proceed from this point forward, please share them on this thread or private message me. I'd love to hear from Jeanie on her role in preserving and promulgating the website resources. A lot of links will need to be updated with other sites from OldGMCTrucks to Stovebolt just to name two.
1960 GMC 1000 Fenderside Long Bed 2WD 305A 3-Speed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.