View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2013, 03:27 AM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

I laid my flywheel on my fat belly after lying on my crawler. This made moving it under Cecilia much easier. Once under there I rolled it off slowly and into it's spot.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

You'll have to get under it and muscle it up onto the crankshaft lip. Once there it'll jump right off if you look at it crosseyed. Shortly after this picture it jumped off on me and hit my ring finger hard enough that I thought it was broken. Now I'm pretty sure it's just sprained. It's swollen up to twice normal size and it doesn't like to move, but I can bend it ok. Straightening is a problem.

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

You can see from the rust patterns which set of bolts goes where on the flywheel. One set of bolts has a hole in the middle of the metal thing that holds two of them together. Keep an eye on that one and slowly turn it around (Remember this is where I got hurt. Be CAREFUL!!!!!) until the holes line up. start putting bolts in. If they all don't go in easy, it's not the right holes. Take them out and turn it more then try again.

Once in place and easily screwed in hand tight, torque them down. Mine were super-torqued, remember? This time they're only electric-impact-wrench tight. (300 ft-lbs)

Here you should go take a break. You've earned it. Plus you have a 900 lb pressure plate and clutch to muscle up next. You'll need to be fresh if you're a weenie-armed guy like me.

I was bone tired at this point so I guess I forgot to snap more pics, but you just keep the clutch and pressure plate together like above, and shove the whole shebang up in behind the flywheel. Have a bolt ready to screw in, you'll need (and want) to get it in the first hole that lines up. These holes aren't offset so any hole goes with any bolt.

I torqued them down with the impact again then I used a 9/16" wrench to move the bolt clockwise, turning the whole crank to the next hole. Just like when I took them out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.