View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2013, 02:06 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Regarding the engine paint there Fetch, some of the folks here on the forum have advised me to go for the VHT or Dulicolor (same company now) #1605, Ford engine Red in order to get the best possible color match. I found a spray can at an old, old NAPA store $4.99 with 1/2 inch of dust on the lid. I had to shake it up for 3 days it'd been sitting so long, then squirted the oil pan, and find it has more reddish and less orangish. Looks very good I think. Pix to follow some day when I do one of them build journals.
I ordered six cans of Ford Red for the engine but the transmission and transfer case was a more rusty color than the motor (maybe just in the 4x4?). I couldn't find any "look alike" colors listed in the archives so I just ran my own testing facility

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I failed, but it's the closest I could find. You're right though. I probably should have just used the Ford Red.

Quote:
OK Pepsi I am going to give you a bad time. You have not really had it bad until you have put a sm465 np205 set up in with no jack. 200 lbs of Michigan cast iron on your chest. Try this on the cold. About 15 degrees. Keep it up its good to see you learn. Best wishes. Barry
I can't even imagine

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

I would be one of those guys you see on the news "Weenie-armed idiot crushed to death under vehicle while working on it. Pictures at 10!"

I'm thankful that this one isn't too crazy heavy and even more, I rebuilt it with my own two hands (and a lot of help from this club). It sure feels different when you've put it together yourself, doesn't it?

Thanks for reading my train wreck guys. And all you lurkers too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.