View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2013, 07:35 PM
-= Dues Paid =-

Truck: 1962 4x4 GMC CECILIA
FetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of lightFetchMeAPepsi is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 1962 GMC 305V6 4WD Slow DD Build - Cecilia (Pic Heavy)

Quote:
Did that kit have an alignment tool? If it did not loosen up the pressure plate until the disk is just snug in there. You need to be able to move the disk when you put the trans in. Then you should be able to get the shaft into the bearing.
It was supposed to include one, but it didn't. I think I've found the problem though....

Quote:
Thanks Fetch. It took four years to get that avatar. Could your new throwout bearing be the culprit? It looked a little longe than the original.

It's longer than the original but it does seem to fit in the fork. I had to pry the fork back to get it in but once in there it seems to slide around OK. I'm not sure exactly how it should be.

Well guys, my insertion problem looks to be the loose nut behind the hammer (thats me

To view some links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts. Maybe you should introduce yourself with a new topic?

). When I tried to get the transmission apart and back together I banged on the input shaft to get things moving in one way or another. It didnt seem to do anything to it so I thought it was just tough steel.

It isnt as tough as a hammer though. I guess i swelled it up on the end and the pilot bearing doesn't fit on it anymore. I'm not sure what to do now. I think I'll try the guy that resurfaced my flywheel and see if he can scour the tip back down to pilot bearing size. Its that or find a donor transmission I think.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some people are like slinkys. Not worth much but funny as heck when pushed down stairs.