View Single Post
Old October 7th, 2013, 08:36 PM

Truck: 1965 gmc wideside
randallgrunert is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kind of a new guy

Hey everyone got a couple of pictures of the tranny shifter mod to move the shifter forward. Right now I have bucket seats in my truck but plan on reinstalling the bench after I do the leather seats. So decided to relocate the shifter now and save having to redo later. By adding a bracket at the tailshaft connection point and using a heim joint I am able to move the shifter forward 12 inches. I off set about an inch over to the left to be able to keep the flat linkage low enough to avoid having to cut out and raise the tranny tunnel. By doing this I have 5 inches from the center of the tranny up to the top of the linkage. I have right at 5 and3/4 inches fro center of tranny to bottom side of tunnel. I cut the stock shifter off at approx. 2 inches and cut out a notch. I installed Teflon washers between the parts that will be the swivel points. with this set up I am right at 11" from the bell housing to center of shifter. Well hope I was able to get the pics right will have more as time goes on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0075.JPG (1.86 MB, Multiple views, 8 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0074.JPG (1.92 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0073.JPG (1.64 MB, Multiple views, 5 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0076.JPG (1.98 MB, Multiple views, 6 clicks)
File Type: jpg IMG_0077.JPG (1.72 MB, Multiple views, 7 clicks)