View Single Post
Old November 9th, 2013, 09:05 PM

Truck: 1960-1966 1000-4000 series
David R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the roughDavid R Leifheit is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Truck Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic65 View Post
Hello everyone,
I have an odd request, but can anyone give me the length/height and width to a 1965 short bed fleetside? My GMC is in Colorado, but I am living in Texas and I need to build a workshop in my backyard. I need the bumper to bumper dimensions so that I can build a shop that will hold the truck and I can't get to my truck anytime soon. Thanks.

John
*If* it were me I would build one 10 x 19. That would be 190 square feet and would leave you some room around it, to work or just to go out an admire. Plus you would be able to open the doors (not all the way, but...)

-Or- save some money and buy one of those fabric/plastic canvas covers with a side wall kit. Cheaper than a shed, usually, and when you are able to build larger then it wouldn't be as much "loss".
The covers usually do not require building permits (unlike a shed or other structure might...) and unless something in the current HOA prohibits those.

Alternately go for one of the big "easy up" covers (they make them in a variety of sizes) as often those offer side kits as well, and can be used for camping or whatever when you do finally build a garage.

It is interesting to me that the builder is in charge of the HOA and would not approve of a garage. Usually they will work with the people who live in their tract, of course he would probably want to build it as well. I've seen some things done by builders that were not quite "correct" because the homeowner asked for it, in a new subdivision.

Did you buy the home new from this builder? If so I again would be surprised if he wouldn't work with you as long as he did the building of the structure.

For the exact dimensions, I don't have a shortbed so I really don't have anything to measure.
mailto:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

(2) 1961 1500
1962 1000
1963 2500
1963 4000
1964 2500