Thread: Finally!!!!!
View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2013, 04:23 AM

Truck: I don't own one at this time
RustyNut is on a distinguished road
Default Finally!!!!!

HEY Y'ALL!!!!!

Ever since the switch over from yahoo I was not recieving messages up until 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Since I started recieving the messages, I finally had the time to figure a few things out and I THINK I may be able to be a regular member/contributor again.

A little bit about me. I do not currently own a 60-66 but have a life-long connection/love to these trucks. My dad bought a '63 short bed fenderside 2 weeks after I was born. I grew up (and learned how to drive) with that truck. Since finding this group I have owned a 62 short/fenderside, a 66 Fire Truck (yes I said Fire Truck) with a 401 Magnum and a 65 long/wideside.

With this new format I am not sure how easy it would be to try and organize/take opinions on the next "Meet" but the last time i was at a get together there was talk about possibly Vegas (hint, hint).

After reading some recent posts I want to respond by saying this is a great place to meet some really nice people. Not only on line, but in person also. Over the years I have either invited other members to "Mini-Meets" and/or attended "Meets" organized by others. I can honestly say everyone I have met seem to be "good" people. Some of these folks have come and gone (RIP Sam) but I would like to think I have made some true "friends".

I will now close and hope this 1st post works.

Rusty

Special shout out to Arthur, Ed, Pete & Rick