Thread: Cold
View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2013, 01:37 AM

Truck: I have 4 GMCs, none with a V-6 - YET! Have had 2 in the family.
GMCDAC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryGMC View Post
It was so cold today I had to run the heater on hi. It was loud enough to drown out the classic country station on the old am radio. Keep warm. Barry
I listen to oldies country too, but all am around here is talk radio. I would get in trouble with Jeannie again if I said what I actually call talk radio---LOL!
Fortunately someone recently started an fm oldies country station!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R Leifheit View Post
One of my trucks, that I used to drive fairly regularly (until something from inside the engine punched a hole in the oil pan) came factory equipped with -no- heater. Defroster ducts aren't even installed (slots are there but that is it, the metal duct that fastens to the dash isn't there).

Nothing like driving it in the winter, wing windows open to keep airflow on the windshield so it didn't fog over. Fun times...
Yeah I had to use the wing window method with the '70-72s I drove year round for decades. The defroster vent design on them basically clears a round hole that ain't quite the right height to see through without slouching!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FetchMeAPepsi View Post
I'm snuggled up by the fire lookin out the window at the snow and yuck. My woodsplitter is covered in snow (didnt get THAT finished in time huh?) and cecilia's up to her knickers in the white stuff.

Is it spring yet?

You guys be safe if you have to go out there in your trucks. It's nasty across most of the US!
-3* here right now, got to -13* last night supposed to get down to -15* tonight. We are the warm spot in the area. 75 miles northeast they are talking -25* to -30* tonight. I forgot to say that our high today at work was +2*! Unfortunately I had to be out in it for most of the day.

DAC

1970 GMC K5 Jimmy Mom drove 30 years
1972 GMC C2500 owned since 1979
1955 GMC 100 driver-project
2006 GMC Yukon Denali---wife's truck

Hope to have a '60 GMC Suburban again someday